Best Trailer Make?

timphim1

Guys

I have a 20 ft fibreglass boat (southwind SF20) and need a new trailer. I can't get good advice from dealers on the best trailers out there. There is alot of marketing focus on boats but not trailers...I have been looking at Dunbier, Mackay and Tinka at the moment. Looking to pay about $6K, you'd think that people would be keen to talk to me....

Appreciate any advice you have....

where abouts are you located

there is a trailer place that will make to your needs and might not be so expensive

they are in peakhurst/mortdale area

i have a sealink trailer and i am very happy with it they are made in QLD.

where abouts are you located

there is a trailer place that will make to your needs and might not be so expensive

they are in peakhurst/mortdale area

i have a sealink trailer and i am very happy with it they are made in QLD.

Happy to go all over sydney to get the right trailer....Huett marine are trying to sell me a Tinka. Many boat owners swear by it.

Guest Big-Banana

Got a Marlin trailer from up Newcastle way I think. Great for the ability to drive on and drive off with ease.

The trailer manufacturer at Paekhurst/Mortdale that Johnno is talking about is called SALES TRAILERS.

A friend of mine brought one a couple of months ago for his Quintrex. Looks like a solid trailer for alloy, but I wouldn't like to put a glass boat on it.

However, I just upgraded my old Brooker trailer last year. Brooker trailers are a huge hunk of junk!

Got a DUNBIER Supa roller...... what a awesome trailer. Great quality and reasonably priced. Slides off and on with minimal ease. Self aligns when there is a bit of current or wind, makes retreival very easy.

Got it from Kroboats at Corrimal. Sold the old trailer in the trading post the first week it was advertised for $1000, so I was very happy to see the brooker disappear.

Good Luck.

The trailer manufacturer at Paekhurst/Mortdale that Johnno is talking about is called SALES TRAILERS.

A friend of mine brought one a couple of months ago for his Quintrex. Looks like a solid trailer for alloy, but I wouldn't like to put a glass boat on it.

However, I just upgraded my old Brooker trailer last year. Brooker trailers are a huge hunk of junk!

Got a DUNBIER Supa roller...... what a awesome trailer. Great quality and reasonably priced. Slides off and on with minimal ease. Self aligns when there is a bit of current or wind, makes retreival very easy.

Got it from Kroboats at Corrimal. Sold the old trailer in the trading post the first week it was advertised for $1000, so I was very happy to see the brooker disappear.

Good Luck.

Funny that....my current one is a Brooker also and I would not buy another one. I have come close to buying a Dunbier wide track. I like the ability to drive on..

my current one is a Brooker also and I would not buy another one.

Looks like a few of you dont like Brookers. I just bought one 3-4 months ago. I bought based on price. Couldnt spend any more after forking out for the boat. Mine doenst have the load sharing suspension on the leaf springs though.

Its OK so far. I can go out on my own and have no problems launching and retrieving. Have driven on a few times as well without problem. Boat is a Allison 189.

Time will tell how it lasts. I agree you do get what you pay for.

Rod

rearview.jpg

Good Luck.

My mate just brought a trailer from the same guy.

He has a 4.5M cruisecraft & the trailer cost him $1200 brand new, looks allright