More Nepean Bass - 9 Jan

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just a quick report today.

Andy and I hit the Nepean as the gates to Tench reserve opened today and headed up stream in the dark.

We chucked surface lures around for only two fish :thumbdown: - very slow and not looking good at this stage.

It was very different to the last time we went. No Bass boofing the surface, no insects and dead quite. Not very promising.

We switched to Betts Spins with 2 inch grubs on a small jig head and things hotted up slightly. Scored quite a few fish, about a dozen in all, but still quite slow with a lot of casts in between hits. I did get two small fish in two casts and that was about as busy as we were all day... :074:

Both Andy and I got our first Bass on spinners today so we were pretty happy about that. It's been all surface lures till today but the Betts Spins work bloody well so they'll get much more of a run next time. :biggrin2:

Saw Iceman at the ramp and he did better than us with his fish going 30cm - well done mate!! :biggrin2:

All our fish for the day were around the 20 - 25cm mark.

I'm very pleased to say I outfished Andy today!!!! :thumbup: He only got one all day and that's karma for rubbing it in after our last outing Mwah ha ha ha ha..... :074:

Couple of pics but nothing special today.

post-237-1168305172_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168305275_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

HI every one basskid here today mottyman and I went down the to the nepean gorge :biggrin2:

I have to say dad did outfish me today :05: . today we had a great day :1fishing1:

I cauhgt one bass all day on a betts spin.

CHEERS BASSKID

Andy Some times there are good days & others are great but there is never a bad day when out on the water enjoying the surroundings & chasing a few fish. :thumbup:

Hope we can get you into a king or two on the 21st :yahoo:

Geoff.

Couple of pics but nothing special today.

I don't know David,

I would say that being on the river at the crack of dawn with Andy would of been special. Any fish would of just been a bonus.

yeah mate, it's a pretty good thing to do... We have a ball and Andy is getting better and better with his casting all the time.

We generally head out at 5am and off the water by about 10.30.

Look forward to your reports!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.