Tackle Stores .....all Members Read This

I have seen a lot of info about Tackle Stores on and off line being posted in the forums.

There are site rules in place forbidding the plugging of non sponsored people unless prior approval is given by the Administration.

You may give a rough location IE Auburn ,but no names of these companies or websites unless they are sponsors.

We have great sponsors on this site who bend over backwards to help the members at all times with great deals and specials and they will be looked after by Fishraider as they look after us.

Administration cannot stop you going to the tackle store of your choice and we would never force that upon anyone.

We ask that you give our Sponsors the courtesy they deserve.

Swordfisherman

I have seen a lot of info about Tackle Stores on and off line being posted in the forums.

Swordfisherman

Does that mean the moderators read member to member personal messages (PM), I read on another forum that that happens here but I could not/would not believe that - Stewy tell me it isnt true!

Edited by Aron

Does that mean the moderators read member to member personal messages (PM), I read on another forum that that happens here but I could not/would not believe that - Stewy tell me it isnt true!

Yes raiders on all forums it is legally the right and to sometimes even the legal responsibility of moderators/site owners to make sure the material is exactly that - moderated.

Treat it like your work email...say what you want but know that what you write might be read...not that it's such a big deal in most cases anyway.

...after all there's always your personal email...

Cheers :beersmile:

Mike

I joined and agreed to abide by the rules, so there is no question about it. If I wanted to tell someone where to find something close to home I'd tell them to look up the phone book or online and let their fingers do the walking.

From what I have seen at the social events I have been to, the sponsors have donated a lot of stuff and deserve the right to not have other places freely promoted by members in blogs.

We all have local shops that we support because it is convient but I'm sure when the great specials are on you will travel for that special item to visit the sponsors.

No matter what site you are on Administrators and Moderators are there to do their jobs. So let them do it without any reprisals.

Thanks for the responses.

The rules on this site have been set down with careful thought.

There is much that goes on behind the scenes of running a website. Many of you visit here and post daily. Membership growth is massive.

The forum is a happy and informative place for people to discuss and share fishing ideas and experiences. Socials are organised by members and many attend. Friends are made and and family members become involved.

Above all, this shows we must be on the right track with the way we run and administer www.fishraider.com.au

None of this would be possible without the sponsors. These are people with businesses that are selected very carefully to give something to our members. The sponsors approach us to advertise here and become part of our FR family. Admin has never approached any business to sponsor, they come to us. Many have been rejected due to their unsuitability.

I am sure that every member will agree that the sponsors are indeed generous with their advice and assistance. They provide prizes for socials. The sponsors are not asked to do this by anyone, they just put up their hands and give. Modern Fishing provides a reel for the very popular Fish of the Month Comp.

Most people will know where their local tackle shop is and how to get there. Most members will shop at their "local" and that is to be expected. Most tackle shops hold similar goods and products, some high end gear, some mixed for all sorts of budgets. All one has to do is look up www.yellowpages.com.au and a wholeeeeee list of them will spring onto the page.

All we are asking is that you give the sponsors of this site the courtesy and respect they deserve. As one member has pointed out in this thread - they SHOULD HAVE EXCLUSIVITY. Put yourselves in the shoes of the sponsor for a moment and consider.

Finally here is a link to the Rules of www.fishraider.com.au

CLICK HERE FOR SITE RULES

Read them carefully. Feel free to send us a personal message or an email if there is any part of these rules that you do not understand. Any comments will be gladly read.

This will be the last word on this subject. This forum is NOT here to debate the rules.

It is simple, if you can't abide by the rules then don't visit Fishraider forums.

Admin

P.S ADMIN OR MODERATORS ON THIS SITE HAVE NO ACCESS TO ANYONE'S PERSONAL MESSAGE SERVICE. THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED A PERSONAL MESSAGE