Narrabeen Lake Help

kabz

went other to narrabeen lake today for zilch just a few mullet was wondering are there any good size tailor or flathead around i fish where u play area is also a walking track am i fishing wrong spot also wats the best tides to go and best bait please and thank u

went other to narrabeen lake today for zilch just a few mullet was wondering are there any good size tailor or flathead around i fish where u play area is also a walking track am i fishing wrong spot also wats the best tides to go and best bait please and thank u

G'day Kabz.

I went down today to Narrabeen Lake for a session. I went wading out in front of the boat ramp, just west of the caravan park and fished the main channel.

I approached it from the southern side, but you can wade from either north or south.

First cast came up tight on a very nice whiting measuring 38cm on live nipper.

After that I managed a decent flattie going 49cm on the ever faithful whitebait then got

a monster bream also on whitebait that went an estimated 45cm (a PB in the lake for me) This fella really had the drag singing as I had it set light for whiting.

I say estimated as I had him a keeper net with the whiting and flattie when I got another flattie, a little smaller and tried to drop him into the net when the bream took off and leapt out of my keeper net. He was gone in a split second. I was :ranting2::ranting2: . It's a wonder you didn't hear me from 2 suburbs away.

There were quite a few fishos also wading and all were getting amongst fish all day. The tide was still coming in and the water was very clean.

So I'd say, go for a wade to the middle of the lake and fish the channel for some very nice fish. The water is only mid thigh depth beside the channel and very easy to manage. Make sure you wear some sort of footwear if approaching from the southern side as there are a lot of oyster shells exposed which will cut you to ribbons.

As for bait..get some live nippers or blood worms, but don't underestimate the old reliable fresh whitebait as they pick up some great fish.

There are some tailor in the lake at present but I didn't see any today, try nearer the back of the lake for them.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

so do u still get fish in the morning early like sunrise dats when i always fish der also i got a map i fish where the black paint is dat a good spot? next to the 3, also can u save and mark the spots where u fish and wat u catch and den send bak to me by pm

Thank u

post-1479-1168411159_thumb.jpg

Spots 13, 7, and 8 are fantastic if you want big flathead. The thing is at these spots is to wade out past the sea grass and cast back towards the shore. All along there you will score, that is if the green algae has cleared. Iff you are in a car park at the memorial plaque half way along wakehurst Parkway and work your way towards DEep Creek. Dont let the depth (or lack thereof) worry you. I caught my biggest ever flathead there in 6 inches of water 1m from my feet, so wade slowly and quietly!! You will also score bream, and possibly the odd jew. Don't let the wind worry you either. You can use it to your advantage by casting with it, giving you fantastic distance. ther is absolutely nothing to get snagged on so you can also use expensive HB's without too much worry of loosing them. Always did weel on HB's rather than SP's. Whichever the case choose a lure that disrupts heaps of sand. the Lizards love it down there!! i am only telling yopu this because I now live on the central coast so I don't fish the place anymore, but I am positive it still produces!! February is a great month down there.

Good luck

davo