Botany Bay 10 Jan

nathan74

hit the water at 6 this morn, what a nice run to the heads it was. total glass off. Hunted around for livies, was tough but gained a few. Water temp was around 17 to 18 which was rather cool for the bay well around the heads anyway. tried a couple of our local haunts for hoods but no luck. morning was pushing on so we tried back in the bay.

Sat back and thought this is the life when one rod buckles over, no big run here, but up comes a nice flattie. As soon as its boated the 6kg outfit screams off, half a spool of line later she pops. Didnt even get time to up and chase it. Thats fishin.

Not much else around apart from a lot of smallish flatties. Still beats workin.

Nathan

post-2310-1168399490_thumb.jpg

post-2310-1168399515_thumb.jpg

Interesting little left-hander in that first photo - are you willing to give up the location?

Bad luck on the big fish by the way - the ridiculously cold water off Sydney at the moment is wrecking the summer fishing so you were lucky to even hook a big one I reckon.

Thats a nice fish,

I was also at botany bay today, look like a weekend with plenty of boats out there,

conditions were great ,good size swell.

i managed to score a couple of small bream,but that was it.

I rather be on the water than home!!!!!!!!!

Interesting little left-hander in that first photo - are you willing to give up the location?

Bad luck on the big fish by the way - the ridiculously cold water off Sydney at the moment is wrecking the summer fishing so you were lucky to even hook a big one I reckon.

mate i was drifting that area . pretty easy to work out where? but if not pm me and i will pass it on to you.