Fishing At Brooklyn

golly-500

HI THERE I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND SALTWATER FISHING. I AM LOOKING AT DOING SOME LAND BASED FISHING ON THE WEEK END AT BROOKLYN. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD POINT ME IN THE RITE DIRECTION ON WHERE WOULD BE A GOOD SPOT TO FISH AND IF ANYONE COULD LET ME KNOW WHAT BAIT/LURES TO USE AND MAYBE HOW TO CATCH SOME LIVE BAIT.

THANKS DANNY :1fishing1:

HI THERE I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND SALTWATER FISHING. I AM LOOKING AT DOING SOME LAND BASED FISHING ON THE WEEK END AT BROOKLYN. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD POINT ME IN THE RITE DIRECTION ON WHERE WOULD BE A GOOD SPOT TO FISH AND IF ANYONE COULD LET ME KNOW WHAT BAIT/LURES TO USE AND MAYBE HOW TO CATCH SOME LIVE BAIT.

LB fishing at brooklyn is hard. However from experience I can point you to a couple of places. Under any of the bridges will be good for stuff like bream. If you can cast far enough into the gutters as well, you may have a chance at a small jewie (or so I have heard never caught one but my cast is not great :)). The best bait would be live yakka's, a small hook and a slice of bread under any wharf should pick you up a couple.

If all else fails hire a tinnie.....

Good luck,

Henners

HEY MATE, IF YOU GO TO THE PARSELY BAY BOAT RAMP AND FISH WHERE ALL THE BOATS ARE MOORED,YOU WILL CATCH BREAM AND WHITING,USE BREAM OR WORMS AND YOU WONT GO WRONG.IF YOU WANT TO GO AFTER THE JEWS,JUMP ON THE FERRY THAT TAKES YOU TO LITTLE WOBBY SHORE,FISH OF THE FERRY WHARF WITH LIVIES WHICH YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET AT THE WHARF

GOOD LUCK

thanks mate for the info iwill give a go and let you know how i go.

thanks mate but what is a yakka and how do i go about getting them.

Danny

thanks mate for the info iwill give a go and let you know how i go.

thanks mate but what is a yakka and how do i go about getting them.

Danny

Mate a Yakka is a Yellow Tail (small bait fish). Burley up with bread, a small hook with a small (and i mean small) piece of Pilchard or prawn on it and you should be on your way.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa