Beginaaa Jigaaa

Dougy 93

hey guys,

just wondering if any one would be able to offer me some advice on jigging. I recently got myself a new heavy jigging outfit. Having no prior experience, i need some help with jigging techniques, knots, connections, good jigs to use, ect..

any help is appreaciated

Snapper trapper, personally I was told to keep the action clean and rythmic, lifting and lowering the rod to a beat on the radio helped me first. Fav two types of jigs, by far saltwater labs (man what those japanese did to reinvigorate jigging) and zest, mainly for the shapes which cause the jig movement when you lift/lower.

I asked about best knot to use and the result is on another thread a little lower on, good advice there, terminal tackle needs to be of the best quality.

And take Arons chiro craic seriously, man first couple of times your out your going to be feeling sore in the shoulders and arms, until you get used to it.

BJ

oh and buy quite a few jigs and think of some choice words for your first loss of a $30 jig as your line is run into reef and it all goes west

Edited by BJBoating