4-6kg Baitcaster - Advice Please

Byron

G'day all,

I am heading to Noosa and further north in a week and feel the urge to splurge on a new baitcasting outfit to hit the creeks for jacks, trevally etc.

It will be matched to a Daiwa Millionaire CVX-203, and I plan to run 20lb braid over it.

Don't want to spend more than $200 and have checked out the Procaster and Strudwick range. Procaster is in the lead right now but will be seeing Victor at Anglers World tomorrow to check out a Pleuger stick that he likes as well as the new Procaster V range.

Any advice you guys have would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Byron

Byron check out the 6'2" shimano barra rack raider. It is rated 6-10kg but I garuantee when u have a look they have rated it way 2 high. The blank is much more like a 4-7kg rating. $150 with alconites and a tough as they come. I bottom bash with it aswell as using it as a spinnerbait rod for bass.

I went with a Procaster to suit my Castaic when I was looking for a baitcaster. Great rod. I was going to look at the Plueger, but they didnt have the model I wanted when I saw them. They seem to be a very well built rod!

Just remembered...I have real sweet rod called a Shogun. Its maited to a Calcutta 150 and is gorgeous to use. Granted mune is the Light, but they come in other weights too!