Best Day Out In The Georges River Up To Botany Region

DaveD

What's been the best catches for you guys in these areas or so.

I think mine was a nice bream close to say 40cm, reeled the bastard and it just dropped when I pulled it out of the water at Tom Ugly's. This is shore fishing of course. Other than that just the odd keeper.

Family friend gota few nice sized mullets often at chippy norton lakes

What's been the best catches for you guys in these areas or so.

I think mine was a nice bream close to say 40cm, reeled the bastard and it just dropped when I pulled it out of the water at Tom Ugly's. This is shore fishing of course. Other than that just the odd keeper.

Family friend gota few nice sized mullets often at chippy norton lakes

Did they keep the fish from Chippo Lake????

Bets physical catch would have to be a nice flattie near the moons.. Wasn't caught by myself but I was there so I'm going to take the credit:D.. plus, on my boat, so I deserve the credit:) :1prop::1prop:

As for mine, either a nice bream down at Coalcliff beach on a nice Sunday morning, or a hook and miss under captain cooks.. Whatever it was took the line and run. There goes the mono:(

Cheers,

Pete:)

Guest Aussie007

the best fish i have caught was a huge fat black fish at chipping norton about 13 years ago using green weed from a local creek recently in the same spot it seems swamped with bream there $*@^#& everywhere gets annoying esp when ur aim is for a different type of fish the bream snap ya bait up within minutes :ranting2:

Did they keep the fish from Chippo Lake????
They sure did, and they survived believe it or not.

:074::074::074::074::074: its amazing head down there on a weekend you'll see alot of people taking the fish home :huh:

the best fish i have caught was a huge fat black fish at chipping norton about 13 years ago using green weed from a local creek recently in the same spot it seems swamped with bream there $*@^#& everywhere gets annoying esp when ur aim is for a different type of fish the bream snap ya bait up within minutes :ranting2:

:074::074::074::074::074: its amazing head down there on a weekend you'll see alot of people taking the fish home :huh:

Where do you fish for black fish at Chipping Norton? iVe never seen anyone fishing there for them, mainly people with floats and bread catching mullet :wacko:

he caught it in chipping norton lakes. :1yikes:

now that amazes me

frankp

You and me both, we called it for a decent flathead at first then it started to pull some line [bream gear] and when it came up to the boat we looked like this :1yikes: :1yikes:

I would think they are as mythical as the jewies people keep telling me they catch in there if i hadnt seen it myself.

You and me both, we called it for a decent flathead at first then it started to pull some line [bream gear] and when it came up to the boat we looked like this :1yikes: :1yikes:

I would think they are as mythical as the jewies people keep telling me they catch in there if i hadnt seen it myself.

Ah jewies go up there, I remember a relo caught a small jewie in salt pan once, the only jew I've seen caught too believe it or not. Only a small one, less than 30cm but still a jew none the less. Trevally in the Georges, thats a new one though, well far in anyway.

now that would have been special :biggrin2:

how big was the jewie you saw if i read your post correctly

frankp

g,day raiders...

i have been fishing the georges all my life.. the best bream would have to be 44cm under como bridge on bread... about 5 flathead around 67 -69cm mark cannot get over 70 :1badmood: 37cm big and fat blackfish...

and the adventure contuines.....

regards livebait.. :1fishing1:

Edited by live bait!!

now that would have been special :biggrin2:

how big was the jewie you saw if i read your post correctly

frankp

I meant if i hadnt seen the trevally myself.

Im yet to see a jewie pulled out of the lakes but i have spoken to a few people who say they have caught them there, one bloke got one this time last year at the steps up near the wier at liverpool said it weighed 4.5kg.