Port Hacking 16/1

Fuj

Howdy Raiders,

Hit the beloved Port Hacking, still getting used to the boat after getting my lisence first go... there's a link on the nsw maritime website where u can do the test, again&again&again&..... I did book a 1/2 day course but the slackers cancelled it without notifying me! Lucky I checked the day before, and booked the test with maritimes, 2 hours later... gold... I digress.

Anyrate, started early with sum chummy trail near South West Arm and managed a solitary slimey! Threw it back out with a piercing and whammo... new Penn set-up does it's job and the braid starts taking off. Hoping for a kingy, it gave up like a Pommy tailender and a psycho Bonito jumps in. As soom as they came, they were gone, along with the slimies. The pickers soon attacked en-masse and I busted out of there.

The wind came in so I seeked some shelter in Gymea Bay, picking up plenty of legal stuff but kept the biggest snapper and whiting. Took it back for the fam, sashimi bonito and bbq'd the rest, yum.

The Port is awesome when everyone's back to work, hardly anyone out there.

Fuj.

post-2112-1168945443_thumb.jpg

Guest IFishSick.

Nice bag of fish you've got there.

Port seems to be getting better as the weeks go on. Can't say as much for the Bay though.

Top stuff :1prop:

Bonito is a fav of mine, love it on the barbie wrapped in foil with a bit of olive oil, I was told its not worth eating but I would have to say its up there with my fav fish.

ben

Not wrong there Ben, mum and dad were arguing whether to do raw or tataki style (seared for couple min then straight into ice cold water, slice into pieces with grated ginger and shallots & soy). Mum used to own a Japanese restaurant.... she won the argument!

You have to kill, bleed and ice the fish 4 best results I reckon.

Cheers,

Fuj.

nice bag of fish

i still havent tried eating bonito but i will next time i catch one.

good job

I just tried Bonnie for the 1st time half an hour ago,i wasnt

all that impressed,i think they make better bait.

penguin

I used to think that they were only good for bait, but at Fishrunners insistance I tried them.

They now rate among my favorite fish, I have tried them a few ways but this is how I have found them to be best.

I cut the skinned fillet into large chunks, roll them in seasoned flour and shallow fry untill golden on the outside.

Serve with a squeeze of lime and a dusting of black pepper