Tangler Bins For Waste Fishing Line

mrmoshe

Just noticed in today's Manly Daily that Pittwater Council has installed TAngler Bins in it's fishing areas.

post-1685-1168993072_thumb.jpg

These are bins supplied by OceanWatch for discarded line that entangles wildlife and the like..a great idea I reckon.

I hope all councils that have waterways in their areas install these at popular fishing spots so we don't get discarded line cluttering up the area and endangering birds etc.

Councils currently installing these bins are:

Rockdale City Council

Tweed Shire Council

Hornsby Shire Council

Wollongong City Council

Kempsey Shire Council

Pittwater Council.

Here is a link to the OceanWatch site which gives some info on them.

http://www.oceanwatch.org.au/TAnglerBinProject1.htm

Cheers,

Pete.

Great initiative. I believe us raiders should do our bit.

Fisherman often get a bad wrap as being messy when in fact most of us do the right thing. The "once a year" prawn soakers are usually responsible for leaving tangled line, prawn packets etc at popular fishing spots.

As a rule i always take all my own rubbish away as well as taking an equal amount of someone elses with me too. Just helps stoppng us "real" fishermen from getting a bad name for ourselves. I remember years ago the ban being placed on fishing manly Wharf due to the actions of just a few idiots. So when you leave take some crap that some other dick head left behind.

Davo

When ever we leave a SOCIAL venue we all make sure there is no rubbish ever left behind by anyone from Fishraider and that will always be the case :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

I am positive that is the case as there is a fairly universal attitude of responsibility amongst those who use this site. The point is though that we can also help by not only cleaning up our own crap but someone elses as well.

Davo