Sydney Harbour King 20/01/2007

squidboy

Hi Fellow raiders,

Well I finally convinced my Dad to come out on the new boat for yesterday morning. it was 5:30am when we left and he gave me the bad word the night before that he wanted to bring some old prawns and catch some flathead. Well my dad is from the old era where none of the new technology works and I couldnt stand it any longer.

I put on board three rods, all with soft plastics and braid :1prop: and left at 530am from Drummoyne Boat ramp. We headed off to Clifton Gardens where he looks at me confused. we first tried some poppers on the way there on some markers without success and i could see him boiling over that it was going to be another day without any fish. But I pesisted. In the meantime my GF was teaching him how it was all done, but still no success.

we got to Clifo where I saw Kingsrule along side with Hook them and cook them. I managed to start working the soft plastics and I got a hit but no hook up. In the meantime my dad got ones too, without a hook up. Things were looking grim, but he had some cofidence as Kingsrule was pulling up smaller rats and putting them back. (Kingsrule and his mate knew how to do it).

So I decided that small kings were not ood enough and headed back into the Harbour to fish a spot to make dad happy. Unfortunately for him, I saw a school of Kings hit the surface, and I shot over there to give it one more go.

The next thing was the best, Dad and my GF with a double King hook up and I reeled in an average Chopper. Dad was over the moon landing his first ever Rat King. Meanwhile my GF had another fish still hammering her line!!!! When she finally got the fish up, she caught a 71cm kingfish and boy was everyone happy to start the year with a nice king.

Got the photo below of the fish. Trick is to bring a clove of garlic to scare away evil HEHEHEHEHE

Good luck with everyone on the social today. Slugs worked for me yesterday working the schools. Ill be working today, so Im not happy Jan!!!! :ranting2:

post-2763-1169336190_thumb.jpg

Its always good to get some Kings no matter

what size they are,and good of ur gf to

help ur old man get his 1st.

But she outdone u both in the end

with that 71cm King,hehe.

Sounds like u all had fun though.

penguin

Good fish mate :thumbup:

What boat were you in?

I am in a Seajay 4.35 runabout. me my dad and GF. We pulled up on your otherside where hook em a nd cook em was but we only got two hits. We asked your mate how many you had caught and he said 3 at that stage. Remember us now? I hope so, Ill chat once again next time on the water. felt a bit shy budding in all the king action you had

Its always good to get some Kings no matter

what size they are,and good of ur gf to

help ur old man get his 1st.

But she outdone u both in the end

with that 71cm King,hehe.

Sounds like u all had fun though.

penguin

Thanks for the support champ!!!. Been waiting for this result for two years now, and the heavens have answered my prayers!!

yeah we caught quite a few small ones, but they are fun too. Dad is still over the moon I think too.

See you on the water sometime i hope :1fishing1: