Beginner Needs Some Advice

roykeane

I got a fishing rod for Christmas and want to get started. I live in Rozelle and I have seen plenty of people fishing around the Iron Cove bridge and the bay run area. I used to fish a bit when I was a kid back in Ireland for brown trout so I know the basics.

What I need is some advice about what kind of tackle and bait I should use and where to fish around the rozelle area. Also, do I need a permit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:biggrin2: Hey Roy

I don't know much about anything to do with fishin' but I can answer one q you had. You will need a fishing licence. Can get them at loads of diff places (On-line too I beleive, sorry don't know the addy for that but maybe someone else will put a link up for ya.) You can also get them at pretty much any bait & tackle shop.

Slainte

BH

:biggrin2: Hey Roy

I don't know much about anything to do with fishin' but I can answer one q you had. You will need a fishing licence. Can get them at loads of diff places (On-line too I beleive, sorry don't know the addy for that but maybe someone else will put a link up for ya.) You can also get them at pretty much any bait & tackle shop.

Slainte

BH

here is the link:

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recreational/Fishing-Fee

Regards,

Phil

Hi Roy,

I am a Balmain boy (Athough born in Dublin, my first ever fish was a Pike in the liffey just above Celbridge)

Send me a PM and we may be able to hook up for a fish. I have another three weeks off and you are welcome to join me on the boat some time for a fish in the harbour... As long as you don't mention the "OTHER" Roy Keane :074:

Cheers.

Robbie.

Edited by Robbielites