Brisbane Waters

Guest DV8

Went out Saturday morning after blue swimmers. At about 7 o'clock I heard the raw of what i thought were water skiiers. Looked around and waht i saw were about 40 or 50 high powered boats decked out for breaming ets. It was quite a spectacular site watching boats speed off in all directions to where the individual skippers thought the bream might be. Spoke to a couple of guys that motored by on electric that were struggling to find the bream. Hope they had more luck than i have had chasing bream in Brisbane waters of late.

Anyway i wondered if there were any raiders in amongst them and how you did??

Regards

Davo

Hi Davo

I was at Boondooma a few years ago, camping, when a bass comp started! Quite incredible, an awesome sight as they all hoon off - I have a photo somewhere of them all taking off from the ramp.

Really nice guys tho - chatted to everyone after checking in their catch later on.

cheerio

Roberta

Fishrunner and I were competeing in that comp........... well we turned up anyway!!!

The fishing was very tough, we only boated 2 bream which was pretty disappointing. Plenty of flatties and whiting though.

Cheers

Mick

Went out Saturday morning after blue swimmers. At about 7 o'clock I heard the raw of what i thought were water skiiers. Looked around and waht i saw were about 40 or 50 high powered boats decked out for breaming ets. It was quite a spectacular site watching boats speed off in all directions to where the individual skippers thought the bream might be. Spoke to a couple of guys that motored by on electric that were struggling to find the bream. Hope they had more luck than i have had chasing bream in Brisbane waters of late.

Anyway i wondered if there were any raiders in amongst them and how you did??

Regards

Davo

I had a reasonable day. Caught about a dozen bream mainly on the surface during the mornings calm conditions, with about half being of legal size and not one flathead :thumbup: This was heaps better than the practice run I had a couple of weeks back where I caught only one fish on the very first cast. Plus I had dramas getting the boat back on the trailer at low tide with the winch strap breaking with only about 2 feet remaining :ranting2: and had to swim after the boat as she rolled effortlessly back into the drink. Luckily some generous locals help my wife and I manhandle the boat onto the trailer. Cheers Dave

Thanks for your replies.

I had a feeling the breaming might be hard work. Had been at most evenings last week and could't raise one.

Davo

G'day Davo,

I was in the comp, too. It was a tough day until I pinned 3 fish in 15 minutes, which was enough to clinch third spot for me in the non-boaters section. Sometimes ya get lucky...

cheers,

Cid

ps Jewel, if I'd have known I'd have looked out for you. I'll catch you on the water sometime seeing as I cant catch you in the Trivia! :1prop:

Thanks Davo, we were fishing in Woy Woy Bay a lot, plus also the racks out in the broadwater. My 3 fish came from the shoreline (jetties and boats) on the right hand side as you go under the bridges into Woy Woy Bay. All on soft plastics (Gulp 2" Minnow Grubs in pumpkinseed).

cheers,

cid

All good Cid, you did well to get those fish!!!!

We are in an old Quinnie console "Jew In" come over and have a chat be nice to meet you.

What are you fishing from mate?

Guest fishrunner

Yeah , it was a tough day for myself and Jewel :( , and pretty hot as well!!

But seeing the bag weights and no. of fish that came in at the end of the day showed that most did it hard :(

Ohh well always next one in hacking :biggrin2:

Will have to catch up next round.

cheers

By the way, what was the comp. I would have thought about entering had i known about it. A bit of local knowledge would have gone a long way. Was it a live way in? What are the prerequisites?

Davo

Davo, there are a few comps coming up. There are Squidgy comps and Berkley Summer Series comps (as well as a few others). The one last weekend was one of the Squidgy rounds.

Yes, it's a live weigh-in and then all fish are released. It's a 3 bag limit individual comp (5 for the Berkley series and it's a team comp), where you weigh in your 3 biggest fish. If you have 3 fish in your live-well and you get a bigger one, the smallest one has to be released straight away.

Boats have to be at least 3.7m and also have a minimum of a 20hp outboard. Plus a 60L live-well. Lure and fly only. Start at 7am and weigh-in at 2pm.

cheers,

Cid