Wally's Wharf

DaveD

Seemed like its a wharf you can get to, or from the street directory anyway, much luck there?

edit: its off port hacking

I have fished off that wharf twice first time I went out caught a big blue swimmer crab

along with a few snappers whiting all under size though

2nd time I went nothing so we left after an hour

ended up going to Gunamatta Bay; wharf off Lugano Ave

caught 2 flounders and my friend caught 3 squid and 1 38cm bream

I have fished off that wharf twice first time I went out caught a big blue swimmer crab

along with a few snappers whiting all under size though

2nd time I went nothing so we left after an hour

ended up going to Gunamatta Bay; wharf off Lugano Ave

caught 2 flounders and my friend caught 3 squid and 1 38cm bream

thanks for that mate

EDIT: Check here tomorro, I should have an update of the place and how it went

Edited by AmateurDave

Wally's Wharf Report

4 bream between me and my old man, no keepers within the 2 hours of fishing. Moved off to yowie bay near the marina, got a leatherjacket, 2 tailor and 9 bream, none of which were keepers.

All in all, yowie bay produced fast action but small fish near the mariner in the 15mins that i was there, wally's wharf produced more people going in with boats than anything, with people jumping in every few seconds with a boat. 13 fish in total, all under size. Looking for new places to fish or something promising.

Bait used the whole time was chicken.

hey dave how are ya!

just wondering if you have a car? how your getting to these places? why you chose part hacking?

luke.

Well I personally dont have a car but I was fishing with my old man and that's how I get to the places usually. Ive tried Georges River, quite a few areas along it, and to be honest, it just hasn't been producing for me for a long time and the waterways are still not so clean. I want something that I can catch at a decent size to be able to have a good feed. I heard a lot of reports about hacking and even a mate said its a clean waterway so I thought lets try it out. It's totally different to georges river in cleanliness I was amazed really. I'm still lookin for a good place though.

same reason i like to fish there!

also for this reason you should be using fine leader as the bigger fish are more weary and smaller fish will take just about anything. make sure you use the lightest sinker that will do the job. maybe try some burly. there is a warf in gunnamatta bay where the ferries dock, you cant fish here in the day but at night ive caught some good bream, they love live nippers and just drop your line straight down next to the warf!

around to the right just past the boat ramp you could try for some whiting, or round to the left past the baths you could try for whiting or flatties even bream on and around the sand flats( try when water is coming up over or receding from the flats) good luck keep us posted!