Kingfish And The Kids- The Big Day

bolan

Thank you soooooo much for providing such a great forum where we could have such a great time with the kids. To me , the fishing bit was secondary.(only just)

My weekend actually started the previous Thursday when I told Number#1 Daughter Jess, that she was comming for an overnighter down at the harbour. Well, didn't that fire things up. Were we getting livies ?were we chasing squid ?which rods does she have ?can I put a double on her bait rod ?......things like that all flamin day and night!

4.30pm we splashed down at Roseville Bridge on Saturday to hunt for livies. Being a Hawksbury Boy I had never fished these parts. Thankfully, Squidgie was on board and he had a rough idea as to where we should go. Straight off to Balmoral for some Yakkas. I sat back and watched as Jess, Squidgie and Rob attacked the water. The smile on Jessies face was huge. Blobby and Jess on one side of the boat, Squidgie and me on the other.It wasn't long before Jess opened the account with a nice yakka , then Squidgie had a big run of them and it was looking great.- its amazing to watch the young ones fish, the cunning way in which a young woman works her evil magic- if Squidgie was catching the fish, she'd fish that side of the boat, if Blobby was catching fish , she'd push me out of the road and fish that side of the boat! Don't they learn early....

Well, night was comming in and it was time to make camp. We pulled into a little bay and moored for the night.Content with 1 squid and a million yakkas. Jess, not finished with the livey situation started again and things went ballistic. First cast and it seemed as though she caught a freight train!- mabe I should have put a double on her bait rod ! Holy Moley, the biggest slimies i've ever seen! This was pure Gold!!

So the night ended and finally sent her to bed- mine actually, Dad slept in the back of the boat.

The following morning the alarm went off at 4.00 am and Jess suggested we move on. I rather abruptly told her that we had a super fast boat and 4.30am would be better for us all. Jess then informed me that I had too much to drink last night.-Note to self, inform Jess of basic boat rules.... don't count daddys beers, and what happens on the boat ,stays on the boat.

Anyway, hootin round to Clifton Gardens, not actually knowing where to turn, Flightmanager guided us in.He actually doesn't know he did it, but trust me , I yanked the boat hard right and said"mmmmm-Barbque in progress" sure enough , Flightmanager burning the bacon! Jess and Blobby couldn't believe it !

Jess even got her nametag and walked around like King Pooh.

Well, the fishing wasn't great, but the location and the views were spectacular.We had fun bouncing all over the place and listening to the banter on the radio. Blobby landed a big Samon but that sort of finished the fishing bit.-who cares?

Back at Clifton for the weigh in, we realised the bigness of the day! No parking room, no probs, drop anchor, swim in. Nothing was going to stop us grabbing another of Flightmanagers steak sandwiches. And whats this with the spit roasted beef?Too good or what? Then with the prizes for best fish, jnr best fish, newbies and kids prizes- Didn't they love it or what ?

Thank you so much for the Day. My work kept me in Canberra for 6 weeks leading up to Xmas, and you actually don't have much time for 1 on 1 time during the Holidays. You tend to be running around like a chicken with no head on playing nice to relatives and inlaws. The time I spent with my daughter and the way you made them feel important will be remembered well after Xmas with the relatives!

I hope that next Social Bash, other Raiders bring their Kids aswell.The more the merrier. I shall be watching for the next occasion and hopefully, I can go hands on and help out .

Regards,

Stumpy.

P.S

Well done fisherwoman, now I have to get a hat like yours for Jess.

PPS. Mum thanks you guys too, a peacefull day and.............everyone in bed real early!

• 1 month later...