Fixing A Deep Scratch

harold

Guys, some dear sole, has manged to gouge a sizeable scratch in the back of my Mercury engine cover (225 efi) with their anchor whilst the boat was parked on the marina awaiting to be put back into the dry storage area at Akuna Bay and i was wondering how you fix this. Do you take it to a car spray painter or a marine guy? Any tips would help, i am on the north side.

thanks

Guys, some dear sole, has manged to gouge a sizeable scratch in the back of my Mercury engine cover (225 efi) with their anchor whilst the boat was parked on the marina awaiting to be put back into the dry storage area at Akuna Bay and i was wondering how you fix this. Do you take it to a car spray painter or a marine guy? Any tips would help, i am on the north side.

thanks

Hi Harold ,you can have it done by a car spray painter easily and maybe get the matching paint from a Marine place,the other alternative if the cost is feasible would be to get a new cover (no idea of cost)

Cheers Stewy

Harold, can of bog from Auto One ( $15), can of Mercury spray paint from your Merc dealer, probably $30.

Bog it, sand it, mask up your Merc stickers and paint it. Should only take about an hour or so, but I would paint the entire cover just to make it even coverage. I did this with an old Jonno I had and it came up a treat.

If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, bring the stuff over to me at Ryde and I'll do it for you.

pm me if you want some help, mate.

Tuffy ( Russ)

If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, bring the stuff over to me at Ryde and I'll do it for you.

pm me if you want some help, mate.

Tuffy ( Russ)

Fantastic!

God I love this site & the ppl here, you guys are very cool.

:thumbup: