Hawksbury Jewfish

squidboy

Hi Guys,

I know how to catch my squid pretty well. But i have only ever caught three smaller than legal jews on 1) Prawn, 2) White bait and 3) Chicken.

I would like to try and go to the HB this weekend of a night time to try and catch a jewfish. Not a monster record breaking one. Just a legal one will make me happy. I know Juno, the Bridges, Flint & Steel but Im looking for elsewhere are I dont have much luck at those spots.

So I was wondering if there any concise and consistant spots i can try with whole squid to catch a jewfish I can finally take home.

Also any suggestions with tides/moon/ even colour of underpants to help will be very appreciated :1prop:

Thanks for your help :)

Squidboy

When you find out, let me know. As far as phases go, the latest study by DPI suggests that there is no positive correllation between feeding times and moon phases (thoughI am sure that there are some hardened Jew fishermen who disagree). The big Jews do however leave their holding grounds in search of prey on dusk and return to their holes on dawn. The smaller jews were found to remain in their holes and seemed to feed on small prey such as shrimp and prawns. This may explain why you have caught smaller jews on prawns. There is nothing wrong with that.

The Hawkesbury is just one of those places where sometimes you will not even lose a bait.

Davo

Hi Guys,

I know how to catch my squid pretty well. But i have only ever caught three smaller than legal jews on 1) Prawn, 2) White bait and 3) Chicken.

I would like to try and go to the HB this weekend of a night time to try and catch a jewfish. Not a monster record breaking one. Just a legal one will make me happy. I know Juno, the Bridges, Flint & Steel but Im looking for elsewhere are I dont have much luck at those spots.

So I was wondering if there any concise and consistant spots i can try with whole squid to catch a jewfish I can finally take home.

Also any suggestions with tides/moon/ even colour of underpants to help will be very appreciated :1prop:

Thanks for your help :)

Squidboy

Just sent some info that I hope will help

Cheers

Brett

g'day fellow raiders, i like fishing juno point ive seen 30kg jew pulled from there always the boat next to me .....i never have the key ingredient squid squid squid......anyone know of a reliable spot they could let me in on for the squid....my :wife: is going to kill me if i keep comin home empty handed heheheh , Tight Lines All

Regards Craig

• 2 weeks later...

actually mate i dont bel this shit live squid live shit doesnt matter!!! go to the fish market and get a block of imported calamari and trust me you will catch one !!

where about ?!

200 mts away from little bay beach !

its located on the left side of dangar island there is a yellow panel...

and as i told stay with the current thats mean 200 meters from the yellow panel or the little bay. i caught 35 and 27 kgz there last season and this season i'm taking an average of 7 kgs every time !

Cya there !

Edited by rowly