East Coast Camping

wrasseman

I headed down to the east coast this week for a few days camping. I didn't get a chance to sample the many estuary systems in the area and my only attempt at a yak fish saw me blown off the water but I did a bit of rock and beach spinning and picked up a few salmon, wrasse and flatties. Though I didn't get piccies of most as I didn't take the camera until the last morning when I only scored a small salmon

cocky_103.jpg

and this flattie.

flattie_399.jpg

Nice spot.

beach_147.jpg

I also managed to squeeze in a trout sesh upon returning home and in a short sesh scored two fish the second of which I think is my best so far for this season. This fish was hooked on my last cast after I'd worked my way back upstream to the car. I hooked up in the fast water and this combined with a strong wind had me heading downstream with little control (I was in my kayak) much to the amusement of two onlookers who'd just retrieved their boat. As I had no net and a light leader I decided my best chance to land the fish was on the bank and so proceeded to work my way over to it. Upon arrival, the bank was steeper than it looked and the bottom was slippery and deep mud, leading me to treat my audience to the further show of me falling out of the kayak into the knee deep mud and slipping and sliding around as I tried to avoid losing my fish and retrieve the kayak and paddle that tried to make an escape while I was concentrating on the fish. All ended well with a lovely brownie of 56cm.

Cheers

Col.

post-1831-1169987233_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrasseman

Well done Wrasseman,

You had better hope that those on-lookers at the river didn't have a video camera and you end up on Australias Funniest Home Videos. :074: