Fishing The Spit

KingsRule

Well, i think im gonna go give it a shot tomorrow to escape the crowds of clifton gardens.

Has anyone fished this area much for kingys(lb)?

I was thinking of putting some livies out near fishermans beach, any tips?

Thanks

Rob :1fishing1:

Good luck Rob!

I know I'm going off the topic here, but is it true that kings can be caught around the roseville bridge area?

Any help will be appreciated.

hey mate,

Iv seen them caught around there a couple of years ago when i was flattie spinning. One guy caught it on a yakka under a float and was just drifting it out towards the bridge, i dunno what the other guy was using... Good luck though, let us know how you go!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cant really tell you much, sides what myself an Greg have already mentioned about fishing the spit.... Just watch out for all the sharks atm. We have spotted quite a few crusing the surface near the bridge early hrs,,, ie 4-6am

Get some livies, a book an sit back an wait if you fish the spit :1prop:

But if you get a hookup it will be coming home to eat unlike that MOWIE ur Dad throw out after that trip out u had with Greg :1prop::1prop:

Dan

Yep, for not much success. I haven't caught one but know people who have. Have been busted off 8 times tough. I suspect sharks.....

I would suggest usesing lives because the amount of pickers there is ridiculus, also at night there are a hell of a lot of tailor.

Either way give it a go.... :1fishing1:

Henners

hi guys, just a quick question regarding the spit still, where abouts around the spit fo you fish? northern/southern end? near the bridge or just call it 'the spit' cause its the nearest landmark? i am from the area and am keen to fish there :) thanks for the help

I have fished the northern (Manly) side of the Spit Bridge for Kingie's before with a little bit of luck. On the ocean side of the North bank there is a sandstone retaining wall. About 70m from the bridge there is a red mooring buoy (or there was, i think it's still there) just off the shore, cast towards it, burley if possible and you might have some luck. I bagged three Kings at that spot one morning, one going to 75cm. That was last year though but i can't see why it would've changed. Good luck!

Cheers,

Mark