Best Effort For A While Off Rox Jew

Guest danielinbyron

Guest danielinbyron

Took the dog out for a fish last nite, went a bit harder than i have for a while. gotta teach him to fetch the gaff cos land this wasn't a particularly graceful effort.. Fell to a laser pro 190 2m in king brown .. Using KR demo longtail rod,spheros , which did that thing i love in a rod and just muscled up when i needed it to..The amount of sensativity and contact i felt thru the hand grips is taking some getting used to, but its a buzzz

post-869-1170629733_thumb.jpg

post-869-1170629806_thumb.jpg

Guest danielinbyron

thanx guys and thanx to donna for sorting pics ..got a razz last nite from HARAKA to get off my bum and post some fish..

my apologies for quality ..phone photos...

me and the dog were both truly stuffed after the long uphill walk out with him. I need to back up a few times and get back in condition..re the laser pros.. i've posted it a few times ..they are the biz on jew off the rox..gold yf or king brown even red and gold barra pattern .. forget the old red heads i reckon..

:thumbup: woooohooooo :thumbup:

Great fish there mate. Top capture of the rocks with a lure. I am over the moon that you got it on the KR Longtail. Bet you cant wait to see the bullet proof version I am building for you atm.

Guest danielinbyron

:thumbup: woooohooooo :thumbup:

Great fish there mate. Top capture of the rocks with a lure. I am over the moon that you got it on the KR Longtail. Bet you cant wait to see the bullet proof version I am building for you atm.

yeah and i'm hopin u and lance can make it up for a weekend of it.. dazzies on board for some rod bending boat action..26.3degree water 10 wahoo in a few hours ..+kingies etc.... jax are on in the bruns..

Guest danielinbyron

Y :074: eah the only thing that'd give it away is the milo tin in the bottom right hand corner..

the labels were different in the 70s. :074:

Top capture Daniel! :thumbup:

I know you've been after that one for a while.

Considering you've been locked out of some of the best ledges you've done well nailing that fish whilst fishing where you have too.

Jacks in the Brunswick river? More info please! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Guest danielinbyron

Considering you've been locked out of some of the best ledges you've done well nailing that fish whilst fishing where you have too.

Cheers,

Grant.

Cheers,

Grant.

Jacks ...actually its all on now here 26degrees almost to shore off the cape..Means its time for anything..Torpedos should show up around now . {bf.].They are now my primary lb target this season.

In the boat my housemate caught and released most of 12 wahoo to 15kg couple of yf and kingies in less than 4 hours off the mackeral bolder near julians..trolled the wahoo bottom livebaited the kingys and got busted up 3 out of 4 hits.

My mate who hunts the jax fishes with a traditional owner so they can fish anywhere and light a fire when and where they want.. But i know they have been getting on up behind the football club at mullumbimby at sunset..Great spot for a picnic or to take the kids , the field ends on a corner of the river nice banks sheltered bbq areas etc. and plenty of space the odd smaller jew is getting up there to . They've been live baiting with herring and small whiting ..This is a fair way upriver where the water really changes from ocean to river , mud bottom i guess..So keep an eye out for herring or mullet getting harrassed up your way to I guess. The other spots are behind the fish co op and the drains near the spur wall and boat ramp..

If your ever driving to Ballina and see these guys parked and fishing the drain from the road into a small lake ..It looks kind of odd to fish a place like that in this area .. JACKS...The bait sits off the drains the jacks hang and eat it ....Might be worth checking around the stormwater drains up your way to.

yeah and i'm hopin u and lance can make it up for a weekend of it.. dazzies on board for some rod bending boat action..26.3degree water 10 wahoo in a few hours ..+kingies etc.... jax are on in the bruns..

Mate wait till you see what I am building for my chronarch to put a dent in the jack population :biggrin2: . Cant wait till I am up there

well done on the jew but sorry if i say this hehe those photos look like they were taken in the 70s :074::074:

Isn't there a few people in Byron still living in the 70's?

I know a couple of hippies there.

Anyway thats a top score off the rocks Daniel, :thumbup:

Congrats to u mate well done.

penguin

Guest danielinbyron

thanks guys

70s is alright with me ..if it looked like the 80s i'd worry

next pic i'm gonna go

lycra , headband ...chose life t.shirt WHAM real cheasy 80s look..:074:

i'll be honest about the pic..

copped a razz to get a fish and post it ,

got home at about 10:30 11 pulled the girl out of bed to take the pic on the phone ..

shes gone back to bed after a few snaps and i wasn't brave enough to pull her out and tell her to put it on night mode..and go again ..

post-1693-1170830515_thumb.jpg