Jewfish Rule

MGibbo

Hi All - this is my first post and I must say I was very happy with my catch until I viewed several other photos from members of Fishraider. I've loved reading about everyone's fishing adventures and tips and feel I have learnt a lot, thus decided to be part of it.

The highlight of last Saturday was catching a 55cm Jewfish whilst my kids mucked around behind the boat on a ski tube. We were drifting around Bar Pt when I decided to cast out a rod with a prawn (unpeeled) to try my luck. BANG my line went and I felt like I was on a fishing show - the rod was bending further than it ever has and as I wound my line in (with much excitement) I sighted how big the jewy was. It's amazing how loud one becomes when pulling in a decent fish.

One of my boys then decided to have a fish and again his line also went but unfortunately just before it reached the top it broke off.

Apparently I've become quite annoying talking about my catch at home, although my hubby enjoyed eating it. I filleted it and baked it with sweet chilli sauce. DELICIOUS! :1fishing1:

Edited by MGibbo

:1welcomeani: to the site mate.

A Jew is a Jew. They are all great fish! :biggrin2:

Congrats on your first & may there be many more to come.

Cheers,

Grant.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY : I'M EXCITED JUST TO HAVE A DECENT FISH TO START WITH - I'D BE THRILLED TO TOP IT WITH ANY GOOD VARIETY. LETS HOPE I POST ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY SOON.

Congrats,

Great fish and its certainly a great feeling to catch a jewie.

I know what you mean about the family getting sick of the story. I caught an 8kg one off the beach and god knows my family was sick of me talking about it. Thats why we have fishraider.

Cheers

Guest danielinbyron

haha great effort...my flatmate caught his first marlin a couple of weeks ago ..and he was a bit annoying.... :074::074: marlin this and marlin that .... like you he was just stoked ..and it ended up he just added the word MARLIN sometimes completely at random to every sentence ...Ie "want a cup of tea mate ..oh in the marlin cup maybe "... or more random efforts he'd just throw it on to the end of sentnces "What are u doing tommor mate ..marlin.." :074: Or instead of saying gedday to the dog he'd just say "marlin marlin marlin old mate " Maybe u had ta be there but it was pretty funny... :074: It took about a week for him to lose the grin..great first report congrats ..

haha great effort...my flatmate caught his first marlin a couple of weeks ago ..and he was a bit annoying.... :074::074: marlin this and marlin that .... like you he was just stoked ..and it ended up he just added the word MARLIN sometimes completely at random to every sentence ...Ie "want a cup of tea mate ..oh in the marlin cup maybe "... or more random efforts he'd just throw it on to the end of sentnces "What are u doing tommor mate ..marlin.." :074: Or instead of saying gedday to the dog he'd just say "marlin marlin marlin old mate " Maybe u had ta be there but it was pretty funny... :074: It took about a week for him to lose the grin..great first report congrats ..

I TOTALLY RELATE TO YOUR FLATMATE - IT'S UNAVOIDABLE AND OUT OF CONTROL. A GOOD LAUGH THOUGH. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

Congrats,

Great fish and its certainly a great feeling to catch a jewie.

I know what you mean about the family getting sick of the story. I caught an 8kg one off the beach and god knows my family was sick of me talking about it. Thats why we have fishraider.

Cheers

I THINK WHEN I STATE "ALL MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE", MY HUBBY MIGHT HAVE BEEN A BIT PUT OUT. WELL DONE TO THE PEOPLE THAT SET UP FISHRAIDER. NOW I WONDER IN WHAT LIFE TIME I'M GOING TO CATCH AN 8KG ONE ...... IN MY DREAMS!

Hey - I'm with CFD on this - I've never caught one either (despite many a session specifically targeting them).

Congrats MGibbo - if you can slip a little comment about your 'hawkesbury jew' into any conversation you have with a fisherperson you'll see the respect in their eyes.

At least that's what I'm lead to believe, not having caught one and all . . . . :mad3: