Sunscreen

jessam

I use heaps of suncream on both me and my son and I just wipe my hands off really well with a towel.

I've never noticed any difference in times I use it and times I don't. I wouldn't say it matters but I make sure I wipe my hands really well after applying so perhaps I'm removing enough for it not to matter???

Cheers

Not a problem with me as I now use "Banana Boat Ultra Spray". :thumbup:

It's in an aerosol can and you just spray it on like aerogard and no need to rub it in.

It's not cheap but I don't look for cheap when it comes to sun/skin protection. :biggrin2:

As for the sunscreen and bait not been a good combination, I've never had a problem with it when bait fishing at all.

cheers

Hooky

I think the banana story is a myth

I read somewhere years ago that the banana bringing bad luck on a boat stems from the flat bottom boats they used to cart bananas in the eighteen hundreds.

Apparently not only did they load them up horribly but they where a cheep ride through asia for some of the tight a*se poms at the time. When the boats hit a rough spot they would roll over easy and often lose all hands and passengers. Hence it was bad luck to travel on a banana boat and this morphed into bad luck to have bananas on a boat.

As for sunscreen use a roll on or a spray.

Cheers

Dave

I have sunscreen which you dont need to use your hands at all - & its not in a spray form.

It has a sponge on the end of the bottle so you just press & wipe over - also good for golf!! No need to get suncreen on hands & you dont waste any (as its not a spray on)

Tip- I use the rubber dispossable gloves to put my Sunscreen on.

Once finished turn insideout and Tie into a knot.So next time you don,t

put your hand in that gloves.

I also use these for doing wheel bearing greasing as i hate the grease smell on my hands for days to come.

Guest IFishSick.

:dito: The disposable rubber gloves are the best option for not getting sunscreen on the bait.

I've been outfished by my dad all day when I just rubbed my hands with a towel and left some sunscreen on there.

Domza, how can you stand to get your hands rubbed in burley? :1yikes:

Hand lotion, sunscreen and aeroguard nothing bothers fish as far as I can tell.

Mr D and I use to argue about it but I do catch fish no matter what ends up on my bait.

Sometimes when I feel real lazy I change my rigs in a weird way. When I catch fish he just shakes his head and says "I don't know how you can catch fish with a shitty rig like that".

:05: and sometimes works.

Edited by Dalucius

I always use sunscreen on my face and use my hands to put it on....never stopped me from catching fish

I dont wash my hands after either..i just rub it into them

I use sunscreen all the time and never worry about it. The squid don't seem to mind and kingies are probably smell deficient anyway. I often have sunscreen residue on my hands and even wipe it on the squid. They get slammed by the kings. Also use banana boat and hamiltons. THe banana boat for the kids as they like the spray....also used it myself with charles to prove the banana thing as a myth. CHeers Kelvin

Hi Mate,

I am not sure about sunscreen but I can guarantee you that when I jig for yakkas if I have a ciggie and pull the line in and re-bait they will be off the bite for five minute after I have touched it.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Just gave up the ciggies yesterday. Maybe now I'll catch a few more fish.

Davo