Gulp Tips

Guest dicko1

just wondering if any one could give me a few tips on how to fish gulps. Iv always used squidgies and caught heaps of fish but a friend just gave me a few packs of gulps and powerbaits that he never uses. I got a pack of 3" pulse worms in pearl/olive, 3" minnow grub in watermelon, 6" sandworm natural, and 3" fry in pumpkinseed. The pulse worms look like they would have a heaps good action and im guessing you would just fish them like a squidgy wriggler? same as the minnow grub? As for the fry, i dont even know what a fry is! How would you fish these (retrieve) and in what situations? I have heard with the sandworms you should cut them in half and use a light squidgy head, but whats the retrieve like? Thanks in advance guys!

G'day,

I use the Gulp 2" minnow grubs in pumpkinseed colour for bream.

I mainly fish around structure and load them on a nitro head, 1/32 weight.

I find them quite suiccessful fished really slow with lot's of pauses. You usually get hit after a stop as the lure is sinking.

Haven't used the worms myself, but have read about guy's cutting them down so they must work.

regards,

Rod.

• 1 month later...

Gulps are just another soft plastic lure, no real secrect in retreive.

A lift drop with plenty of pause works well.

Jig heads I use anything between a 1/40th HWS to a 1/8th, it's all depending on depth and current and change as things change, this is where multipal set ups come into their own.

My fav gupls are the 6" worms and craws.

Cheers

Greg