Sydney Harbour

big_steve

hey raiders,

i decided to fish the harbour today as botany bay has been rather quiet of late

and there have been good reports of kings in the harbour so i thought id give it a go..

got to rosebay ramp at around 530ish met up wit netic and downrigger,

after talking täcktics we ventured off in search of squid..

managed 4 nice bait size squid and lost just as many close by the boat :thumbdown:

things this morning were all falling into the right place so a good day seemed to be in order...

after getting squid got a call from netic saying there was HEAPS of surface activity and he told me to

get ma butt over there..

upon arriving there were schools upon schools, and boats racing in from left right and centre..

i was fishing with my GFs bro inlaw marty and he nailed a tailor straight away on a popper,

hooked a few kings only for hooks to be pulled all this fun lasted for around 1/2 - 40mins be4

to many boats sent majority of the bait and schools down..

after cleaning mr tailor its guts were full of TINY white bait.. so next time ill have to try

"MATCH THE HATCH" so to speak..

after this we set off for NORTH head and downrigged live squid for around half hour for ZILCH.

next call was made and i set off to middle harbour to downrigg amongst the moorings..

used all 3live squid as id givin a bait size 1 to netic earlier and i also had 3 fresh frozen squid..

went through 6 squid whilst downrigging various spots.. 1st squid got nailed but a 63cm kingy :thumbup:

then the next 2 squid i dropped 2 kings from pulled hooks :thumbdown:

all the rest of the squid was downrigged and we caught 2 BREAM :thumbdown: bugga as we were

casing kings but the bream went 32cms and 36cms..

called it a day with 1 tailor 1 king and 2 nice bream..

cheers steve :1fishing1:

post-1134-1171088857_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1171088941_thumb.jpg

Well done Steve,its good to see you bought

home a feed,and a Kingy as a bonus prize :thumbup:

penguin

thanks buddy,

sorry i missed u AND ur friends 2day :1prop:

would of like to of seen ur new rig..

always next time...

cheers steve

beta luk next time mate. ill b out there with you on the next trip :1fishing1:

hey raiders,

and there have been good reports of kings in the harbour so i thought id give it a go..

managed 4 nice bait size squid and lost just as many close by the boat :thumbdown:

things this morning were all falling into the right place so a good day seemed to be in order...

after getting squid got a call from netic saying there was HEAPS of surface activity and he told me to

get ma butt over there..

upon arriving there were schools upon schools, and boats racing in from left right and centre..

i was fishing with my GFs bro inlaw marty and he nailed a tailor straight away on a popper,

hooked a few kings only for hooks to be pulled all this fun lasted for around 1/2 - 40mins be4

after cleaning mr tailor its guts were full of TINY white bait.. so next time ill have to try

after this we set off for NORTH head and downrigged live squid for around half hour for ZILCH.

next call was made and i set off to middle harbour to downrigg amongst the moorings..

used all 3live squid as id givin a bait size 1 to netic earlier and i also had 3 fresh frozen squid..

went through 6 squid whilst downrigging various spots.. 1st squid got nailed but a 63cm kingy :thumbup:

all the rest of the squid was downrigged and we caught 2 BREAM :thumbdown: bugga as we were

post-1134-1171088857_thumb.jpg

i think next time i should be with u :1fishing1::074:

Keep on catching them bream steve. They are in plague proportions since the pro fish ban in the harbour. Starting to get real aggro as they pinch your baits. I no longer fish some of my favourite locations because they just rip off your squid. CHeers Kelvin

Keep on catching them bream steve. They are in plague proportions since the pro fish ban in the harbour. Starting to get real aggro as they pinch your baits. I no longer fish some of my favourite locations because they just rip off your squid. CHeers Kelvin

yeah bloody bream they were really agressive and ripped off my beaut bait size kingy squid..

but thats fishing aye.. just makes me wanna get out there and learn new spots to DR :1prop:

steve

hey raiders,

get ma butt over there..

post-1134-1171088857_thumb.jpggreat catch mate, enough there for a good feed- well done better luck next time for bigger kingies. tight lines.