Port Hacking - Wally's Warf

Guest IFishSick.

Guest IFishSick.

Was planning to get out on the boat with the next door neighbours today, so yesterday was spent gathering livies up the road. Mullet and Tailor were on the menu. The boat trip was called off due to the wind.

Waking up this morning a bit late (9:00) got to the warf at around 10:30. Only one other bloke there (less than usual), who had caught one small squid. Chucked out the Tailor under a float hoping for anything to take it, hopefully a Bonnie, then started squidding. I got a good sized squid in about half an hour using a small jig. While bringing him in, I couldn't life him out of the water fast enough to stop his face pointing towards me and Bang! :ranting2: Had a laugh about it after, but had to spend the rest of the day in black clothes.

post-2529-1171166756_thumb.jpg

While continuing with my squidding, the reason I came down here, Bonnies, were ripping up the surface just the other side of the sand bar. They continued this for at least 1 1/2 hours on and off every 10 minutes. It was a real pain they couldn't come over this side to my very tempting Metal Slice.

At around 12:00, the families started to arrive. One lot decided to fish right where my float line was every time. Making it hard on the fish having to be casted out every 5 minutes, which gave me the sh*%s when they could just cast to the side of the bloody line! :ranting2:

Decided to call it quits after I'd run out of patience casting the float with now live Mullet on the end. A bit dissapointing about the Bonnies. Might have to see if I can get a canoe for my next birthday present.

Guest Aussie007

the bonnies were going off on metal at lilli pilli yesterday mate unfortunatly we didnt get any wrong lures i'd say but we were bottom fishing for anything that jumped on

At around 12:00, the families started to arrive. One lot decided to fish right where my float line was every time. Making it hard on the fish having to be casted out every 5 minutes, which gave me the sh*%s when they could just cast to the side of the bloody line!

must be the area? i was thinking of starting a thread to find out weather a majority of people show respect to those who are already fishing or say "stuff it ur in a spot i wanna fish and im ganna fish there no matter what" lazy b#&$!*$@ need to wake up early and get the spots they wanna fish i say

Guest IFishSick.

Don't ask me why but that's what the mates and I call it. It's at the baths yeah. Not the boat ramp at Dolans Bay.

Squid ink came out but you can still see the marks if you look closely.