Voip

bullfrog

Has anyone else tried VOIP?

I had been toying with the idea for a few months but when I saw that Grays on line had some internet telephone adaptors for auction I decided to make a $50 bid for one. Fortunately it was a successful bid, and, not being computer literate was surprised at how easy it was to set up - I was up and phoning in about 5 minutes!

The phone line is amazingly clear, and at just 10 cents a call anywhere in Australia (untimed) and 3.5 cents per minute to the UK I think it is very good value. There are quite a few VOIP companies around so some might be even cheaper. I used a standard telstra cordless phone and it plugged straight into my router so my computer doesn't even have to be on.

This is something other raiders might like to consider if they make a lot of interstate calls.

Cheers,

G`day Fellas ,

Bully , Been with Engin for going on a Year Now Mate .

My Bill for 512 Broadband and Standard Phone Line is only $62.00.

I make all my calls on Voip for about $10.00 per Month.

Magic , never go back to Telstra Either.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Yeah MrG , but with Skype , they Have to be online and awake.

With he Voip System when you call them , They answer you on their home Phone , they do not have to be online , or even have The PC Switched on .

A lot of people don`t realise that .

Though I also Had Skype for quite some time , Voip is so much more convenient .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

I use voip exclusively for all my local and national calls.

No monthly contract, no monthly account fee. Just pay for the calls and nothing else.

Calls are a flat 10 cents untimed anywhere in/around Australia.

International "top 40" is 4.9 cents per minute and calls to mobiles is 29 cents per minute.

I get billed once a month for calls made in that monthly cycle and it is usually only around the 3-5 dollar mark.

No problems whatsoever with call quality and I also have all my cordless phones hooked up to it.

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

I use voip exclusively for all my local and national calls.

No monthly contract, no monthly account fee. Just pay for the calls and nothing else.

Calls are a flat 10 cents untimed anywhere in/around Australia.

International "top 40" is 4.9 cents per minute and calls to mobiles is 29 cents per minute.

I get billed once a month for calls made in that monthly cycle and it is usually only around the 3-5 dollar mark.

No problems whatsoever with call quality and I also have all my cordless phones hooked up to it.

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

I'm the same Hooky, all my outbound calls are via voip, and the savings i have made allowed me to upgrade to an 8mb/s internet connection :1prop:

Chris