Fishing Tonight After Rain With Plastics

Dolmo

Thinking about heading down the Grays Point this evening after work to flick out some berkley gulps that i purchased the other day.

I have some little shrimp like ones and some small minnows or something (in pumpkin seed)

I think the rain should have stured up the water down there and it may mean some bigger flatties or something may be lurking. Where would you go in Grays Point..im thinking the stretch of beach right of the bot ramp if looking at the water....maybe if low tide and not much chance of rain i will head out for a walk across sand flats to the point.

Last time I went there I caught plenty of poddie mullet in a trap just to the left of the boat ramp when you are looking at the water.

So if the SP don't work, maybe try some live poddies.

From memory there are some mangroves down to the left and further down is a rock outcrop, so it would be worth a try. I haven't been down that way in ages and didn't have a sounder at the time, but if there are some deeper holes and channels they would be worth a go.

Cheers

Greg

Headed down after work and throw a small minnow in pumpkin seed in and on around 4th or 5th cast caught a nice small flatty..2 casts later had a bigger one on, very close as sp hit the water but he did abit of a flap out of water and popped the hook out.

Then just decied to try a lure and didnt get much....saw some decent size fish jump down the very western end though near the bend to Audley. First flatty on sp so i am happy

It was actually very clear!!

Went down the far right after abit and stood up on the rock and could see a decent amount of bottom on the other side of the river.

And in close proably the usual clarity for the time of the arvo and where the sun was.

It was great getting one on...abit disapointed i lost the other one but he smashed the sp as soon as it hit the surface and he made a nice splash and came out of the water.