Steamers Beach, Jervis Bay

KINGvirgin

went out with my mate to one of my fav spots, arrived at 0700 to beautiful day, no wind plenty of sun and calm waters, my mate pulled in a small but energetic salmon of about 40cm which was released to get bigger and fatter, after that we hooked into his school of similar size for the next hour or so, top fun on light gear, got busted off twice by 2 biggun's :05: , after a while we decided to try closer to shore and my mate hooked a fat whiting just shy of 38cm :yahoo: should taste beaut later on when i cook it....

we contiunued to pull in the small salmon and the odd rockfish for annoyances, eventually we grew bored and decided to do some fitness work on the beach and had a bit of a dip, we returned back to find our spot off the rock plagued by seagulls and after hooking one and finding our bait had gone soggy and useless we headed home earlier than planned, got home played some cricket and thats about it.

For those who dont know steamers its in the booderee nat. park and is a haven for fish, it has never disappointed although the bigguns are usually more prominent.... i have bagged salmon,tailor,bream,whiting,drummer and snapper here, its serenity cant be matched and if you enjoy a good work out the 30 min hike in and out on the trail will make sure you sleep well that night.

good luck fisho's on the weekend, heres a few pics...

:1fishing1:

Ian