Bate Bay

mottyman

Hi Guys,

Had a bit of a sad day on the water today. :1badmood:

We headed off out of the Hacking and fair dinkum the place was just alive with surface fish. Out of the river and the place is boiling all the way from the mouth over to Shark Island. We trolled and threw plastics for not a touch.

At shark Island we had a schocker - rather I did. We were cathing heaps, and heaps of yakka and slimies for bait using one of my rods with Andy's reel he got as a prize from the King Social. :wacko::ranting2:

To cut a long story short, I put the rod down on the seat without realising the bait jig was in the water and an XOS slimie grabed it and I lost the lot overboard. I stood there speechless and it took off at a great rate of knots for the bottom - GONE!!!!!!!!!

Andy screamed and burst out crying. I stood there with my jaw agape not know what to do or say. We eventually calmed it all down and promised Andy he'd get a new reel as soon as I can lay my hands on one.

I can't tell you HOW BAD I feel for losing the poor little blokes reel. He just loved it and slept with it right next to his bed, sometimes in the bed with him. :(

Andy needs to get himself a dad with a brain....

Anyway, we trolled down the coast under the rock and it was wall to wall surface action ALL THE WAY.

We eventually got onto them with small white metals. They turned out to be Bonito and Mac Tuna. Great fun. At one stage I looked over the side to see a bonito I had on being harassed by about 1/2 dozen kings. So... over went the livies and Geoff came up tight on a big fish but it spat the hook.

We got another hit on the livies but again, didn't connect. :ranting2:

Donna, that was when I was on the phone to you...

Just couldn't take a trick today.

We came home with one Bonito for me dad and heaps of bait for next time so not a total loss....

Didn't bother with any pics... I was to shitty all day to get the camera out. :1badmood:

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Hi Guys,

Had a bit of a sad day on the water today. :1badmood:

We headed off out of the Hacking and fair dinkum the place was just alive with surface fish. Out of the river and the place is boiling all the way from the mouth over to Shark Island. We trolled and threw plastics for not a touch.

At shark Island we had a schocker - rather I did. We were cathing heaps, and heaps of yakka and slimies for bait using one of my rods with Andy's reel he got as a prize from the King Social. :wacko::ranting2:

To cut a long story short, I put the rod down on the seat without realising the bait jig was in the water and an XOS slimie grabed it and I lost the lot overboard. I stood there speechless and it took off at a great rate of knots for the bottom - GONE!!!!!!!!!

Andy screamed and burst out crying. I stood there with my jaw agape not know what to do or say. We eventually calmed it all down and promised Andy he'd get a new reel as soon as I can lay my hands on one.

I can't tell you HOW BAD I feel for losing the poor little blokes reel. He just loved it and slept with it right next to his bed, sometimes in the bed with him. :(

Andy needs to get himself a dad with a brain....

Anyway, we trolled down the coast under the rock and it was wall to wall surface action ALL THE WAY.

We eventually got onto them with small white metals. They turned out to be Bonito and Mac Tuna. Great fun. At one stage I looked over the side to see a bonito I had on being harassed by about 1/2 dozen kings. So... over went the livies and Geoff came up tight on a big fish but it spat the hook.

We got another hit on the livies but again, didn't connect. :ranting2:

Donna, that was when I was on the phone to you...

Just couldn't take a trick today.

We came home with one Bonito for me dad and heaps of bait for next time so not a total loss....

Didn't bother with any pics... I was to shitty all day to get the camera out. :1badmood:

Cheers

David.

What a shame David. I bet young Andy was one unhappy fisho. That photo of him being presented with that reel at the social was priceless. Looks like your fist chore tomorrow is a trip back to Watto's for

a replacement.

It's days like that on the water you would rather forget I'm sure.

Glad you managed a few fish in the end to brighten an otherwise gloomy session.

Cheer up mate.

Pete.

:ranting2: Sounds like Andy was pretty upset. I hate it when I lose gear too. :thumbdown: At least you guys got into a few fish - so all was not lost. Good luck next time, guys. On the bright side, the next reel will be newer!

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Thanks Guys...

He's Ok now, outside playing with his sister and the dog. :biggrin2:

Guess what they're playing??? A fishing game with an old glass fishing rod, I just heard him scream out - Emily, you're on!!!!!.... :074::074:

I reckon he'll be out again outscoring me in the fishing stakes verrrrrrrry soon.

I've sent Sean and Claudia an email telling them I need to come in and get a new Viva Coast 3500 reel (which while we had it performed just beautifully...) and a new rod as well.

I think Andy feels bad for me actually, cause I feel so bad for him... he keeps telling me not to worry and we'll just get a new one - bless him.

Cheers

David.

Sorry to hear about the young fellas lost rod and reel. :(

I would have loved to have been out there and seen that

surface action u described.

penguin

Penguin,

I kid you not, there was fish everywhere we went. They were all over bate bay in close and again, in close all the way down to Marley Beach in large patches.

It was amazing.

Problem is, they were extremely fussy. Following lures right back to the boat, but not taking them. In the boiling mass I think we scored 5 all day which is buggar all considering the numbers of fish.

Anyone considering fishing out of the hacking in the next few days - I'D SAY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

David.

David,

Sounds like it wasn't a great day out on the water.

You get days like that unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about Andy's loss, by the sounds of things he was devistated. :mad3:

Wattos have a good combo going at the moment. It isn't the Viva Reel but it is a good little set up that may suit Andy. CLICK HERE

At the very least you were out on the water enjoying time with Andy and you did get one Bonito. :thumbup:

Guest MRS WATTO

Hi

Really sorry to hear what happened today. Chin up Andy. David pop into the store next week and I am sure that WATTO will work out something for Andy.

cheers

claudia

sounds like the bait fish all over sydney are getting absolutely SMACKED by all the bigger fish around

great day mate

i feel for little andy..

almost loosing my TORSA 30 ova in2 the drink 2day was a big scare..

great report mate

steve

Hi

Really sorry to hear what happened today. Chin up Andy. David pop into the store next week and I am sure that WATTO will work out something for Andy.

cheers

claudia

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Hi Claudia, I'll definately drop in next Tuesday and talk to Sean, thanks so much. Andy has specified it MUST be the same as the reel he (sorry I) lost. That's fine, I can understand that given he loved it so much.

I don't expect any special favours, I'll just be happy to get Andy a new reel. :thumbup:

Thanks again.

Cheers

David.

Penguin,

I kid you not, there was fish everywhere we went. They were all over bate bay in close and again, in close all the way down to Marley Beach in large patches.

It was amazing.

Problem is, they were extremely fussy. Following lures right back to the boat, but not taking them. In the boiling mass I think we scored 5 all day which is buggar all considering the numbers of fish.

Cheers

David.

That has realy annoyed me in the past,fish all around the boat and they

decide top be picky with what they eat :ranting2:

I understand ur frustration.

penguin