Hooking Squid

DaveD

Let's say I caught a squid and wanted to use it as bait, whats the best way of going about to killing and hooking it on as bait. Ive never used it before, sounds like it works good, thing is I'm just wondering how would you be able to hook it onto your little hook for the fish to come and munch on it and get hooked? How do ya cut the squid up etc, any recommendations..

Let's say I caught a squid and wanted to use it as bait, whats the best way of going about to killing and hooking it on as bait. Ive never used it before, sounds like it works good, thing is I'm just wondering how would you be able to hook it onto your little hook for the fish to come and munch on it and get hooked? How do ya cut the squid up etc, any recommendations..

What you fishing for???

For kings i rip the head off the squid and use a two hook rig 1 through the cartladge then the other trailing in the tenticals. Then with the remaining flesh i cut up into triangals. Leaving 1 corner in tact then put cuts through the rest of it to mimic the tenticals, and hook it up on the twin hook rig same as the head.

Works for me!!

Dan.

mate if i was using for kings i wouldn't kill it id rig it up live on a two hook rig. one hook through the top of the hood and one just on the bottem of the hood. thats for a small to medium one for larger squid i would cut it into strips and use a single hook