Safe Disposal Of Fuel

johnno

I have about 20litres of premixed 2 stroke fuel which is stale

i am talking 2 years old or more.

i am wanting to dispose of it safely

Any ideas??

Heres a thought :1prop:

Ring your local Council. I know some councils offer a service to safely dispose of those sort of items, that you would not normally put in the bin with your general household garbage.

They dispose of things like paint and car batteries. I don't see why they wouldn't take old petrol.

If in doubt, I agree with DOMZA.....that is put it in the old Victa. I don't know about you but with this recent rain my lawn is going crazy. Could cut it twice a week if I had the time.

The other option is to mix it in with fresh fuel - a little at a time, until its all gone. A tiny bit of oil mixed in with say a 50 litre fuel tank would cause no problem, that is if you already have a 2 stroke outboard. But bear in mind I would definetly throw the last litre out, because if there is any water in the fuel it will be at the bottom of the drum (petrol is lighter then water). Use a syphon and take the fuel from the top as the container empties, don't pour it or the water will mix in.

Food for thought.

Nathan.

Edited by njsconst

The other option is to mix it in with fresh fuel - a little at a time, until its all gone. A tiny bit of oil mixed in with say a 50 litre fuel tank would cause no problem, that is if you already have a 2 stroke outboard.

Nathan.

Thats the easiest way