Botany Bay 18/2/07

tricks

hey all

went out with a guide today in botany as i like this water way and like to get better at fishing it. we got picked up at 6am and we were of to the bream grounds first. using nippers we managed to pick up around 8-10 bream with in 2 hours. we only had 2 throw backs lil reddies. also one guy ended up with one whiting measuring to 45 it was a cracker. lots of surface action on the bay today plenty of tailor and frigate mackeral. we went to chase some and ended up with 3 tailor and 2 frigates in the boat. things slowed up for a while when we went trolling the heads so we went back in and fished for kings.we had 3 bust offs and 0ne landed. all in all we had a great day with scotty lyons. thanks to scotty and the guys i was fishing with.

cheers patrick

there hard buggers to hook up they were raiders im sure they were 65g we were using small ones for the tailor two guys changed to the larger ones and they were the only two that hooked up. through one back and they kept one between em for bait.

cool i was also out yesterday and was casting none stop with every lure and plastic imaginable for 1 kingie. friday night was easier with the fish not really being picky and a mate and i managed 2 bream and around 30 tailor to 35cm till the sun went down.

what lures were you taking the figates on? we tried everything we had yesterday for nought!

im keen to know what lures worked on them frigates to.

Guys, i've been destroying the pelagic population of late, averaging 20-30 fish per outing (most of which are realeased). They are taking tiny whitebait and anchovies no larger than 3 inches. I've been getting the majority on Zoom 'Tiny Flukes' that Fishfinder Tony sent out to me. They have a very small profile much like that of the baitfish that are around and 'match the hatch'. Check out my report to see what i've been getting them on.

Sorry tricks, not trying to hi-jack your post, just thought members would like to know what the pelagics are taking at the moment. I'm sure if you flick for long enough with any single lure, you are bound to stumble across one, but these Tiny Flukes are really something else!

Its sounds like you guys had a ripper of a day on the bay!! Well done!

DAN

Guys, i've been destroying the pelagic population of late, averaging 20-30 fish per outing (most of which are realeased). They are taking tiny whitebait and anchovies no larger than 3 inches. I've been getting the majority on Zoom 'Tiny Flukes' that Fishfinder Tony sent out to me. They have a very small profile much like that of the baitfish that are around and 'match the hatch'. Check out my report to see what i've been getting them on.

Sorry tricks, not trying to hi-jack your post, just thought members would like to know what the pelagics are taking at the moment. I'm sure if you flick for long enough with any single lure, you are bound to stumble across one, but these Tiny Flukes are really something else!

Its sounds like you guys had a ripper of a day on the bay!! Well done!

DAN

no sorry needed mate after reading your report on todays effort. great work dan. like i said we only managed 2 with metals. maybe i'll give the plastics a go next time and get a bag like yours :thumbup:

no sorry needed mate after reading your report on todays effort. great work dan. like i said we only managed 2 with metals. maybe i'll give the plastics a go next time and get a bag like yours :thumbup:

Mate on one particular outing last week i landed well over 40 tailor between 30-35cm and the odd 40cm fish. I knew how well the plastics worked however they were chewing them to bits with their razor sharp teeth. So i swapped to a 15g metal around 2.5 inches and after a bizillion casts (well it felt like that) i only hooked up to one lone tailor!! So the plastics went back on and WHAM!

In my opinion plastics work better than metals everytime!! No other form of lure compares to the humble soft plastic, be it in the form of metal or wood etc its just not the same.

DAN