Roseville Land Based

FletcherG1991

I am heading down to roseville later in the week and was wondering what i am likley to catch, is it ok to eat fish from there ? are there any rules fishing there as it is a national park ? and is there anywhere to catch squid and yellowtail from ?

Cheers,

Fletcher

Edited by FletcherG1991

Fletch,

Roseville can be hit and miss.

We have caught some good flatties and bream their and i have seen jewfish caught at night.

Yellowtail can be got around the pontoon, dont know about squid.

I would fish between the bridge pylon and the pylons carrying water across. Big Cast out gets you into the channel. A mate of mine got a huge dusky their a couple of years ago in about two feet of water in close.

Good Luck

and is it ok too eat the fish from there ? (probably wont take any but just it case)

Went down there last week. even though they have those dietary reccomendation signs, i dont really believe middle harbour to be a major part of the main sydney harbour where the H.bridge is. as they are relatively seperate systems. and i always thought contamination was the main part of sydney harbour (where the bridge is)?

sorry if im not making sense :wacko:

Cheers

Davy

PS theres some massive whiting where the channel is atm.. caught a couple with my mate on beach worms and pillies!

Edited by Davy

burley up on the jetty if there is no boat traffic and just remember it is boaties first preference to use the jetty- im sick of fisho's telling me off for parking my boat where they were fishing.

If your planning on throwing plastics around, have a nice yellow tail swimming IN the channel and leave it in a rod holder, my dad has gotten jews to 8kg there, very nice flatties(on livebait) and MASSIVE stingrays.

If you want bream, a local i always see there collecting live bait uses butterflied or yakka fillets as his bream bait.

I wouldn't hesitate to eat fish from there, i have been doing so for many years as has my father and brother.

good luck.

oh yeah, duno about squiding never seen them that far into the harbour

I used to bream there quite a bit a few years ago. Mainly fished off the pontoon at night. Found that casting unweighted prawns in the direction of the boat ramp was the most productive method. Plenty of yakkas and squid under the pontoon. A few strange fish turn up around there every now and again. Have seen hairtail caught at night and have heard of some one catching a tarpon. Managed to catch a giant herring in the upper reaches about 8 years ago. but haven't seen one since. Don't know about the blackfish, have seen them in the upper reaches, but not for a long time. Anyway good luck.

cheers

Damo

thanks guys,

looks like everyone seems to think that the pontoon is a good spot for live bait so thats sorted (only problem is walking from the pontoon all the way up to where i want to fish (up near the pool area ..... just abit before)

as for a rod holder for the livie while i am fishing soft plastics, what do i use for off the land ?

Cheers,

Fletcher

thanks guys,

looks like everyone seems to think that the pontoon is a good spot for live bait so thats sorted (only problem is walking from the pontoon all the way up to where i want to fish (up near the pool area ..... just abit before)

as for a rod holder for the livie while i am fishing soft plastics, what do i use for off the land ?

Cheers,

Fletcher

burley up on the jetty if there is no boat traffic and just remember it is boaties first preference to use the jetty- im sick of fisho's telling me off for parking my boat where they were fishing.

and they were fishing off the pontoon? shudve told them off as well, coz it specifically says 'no fishing' painted on the surface.

id still have a go for the yakkas if theres no boats!

Edited by Davy

There's a load of poddies down there. Flathead lollies! :biggrin2:

Go to the right when you go down the ramp of the main road and go past the BBQ areas. You'll see a small bay and you should find poddies there.

Cheers,

neil

There's a load of poddies down there. Flathead lollies! :biggrin2:

Go to the right when you go down the ramp of the main road and go past the BBQ areas. You'll see a small bay and you should find poddies there.

Cheers,

neil

you can catch a few of them all the way up the river also, very hard with a hook! next time i'll bring the trap :1fishing1: