The Entrance

DaveD

Spent 2 days up there. Fished a little yesterday evening and also this morning. Last night managed 8 bream with my old man getting 10 I think it was. All undersize and thrown back. Only witnessed one real keeper the whole time and that was a flattie bout 40-45cm by a bloke using SP.

Fished in the morning today with prawn as bait. I managed 17 bream all undersize with my old man netting 10. Can see who won that little comp :D Shame everything was undersize again, and once again, only one keeper was witnessed, flattie again bout 40cm by someone else. Also witnessed him having a little tug-of-war with a bird in the lake. All undersized fish were thrown back and fast action if your just after a bit of quick fun. I drew a lot of attention with a hook up on nearly every throw.

Was using small long shank hooks for one of the first times and was pretty successful. My old man was using an all around mustad I think and as ya can see, didn't manage as many hook ups. Nice couple of days away :)

Guest IFishSick.

Pity no keepers mate, but as long as you had plenty of fun though.

Keep that hook secret to yourself and you'll woop the old man every time.

To make matters worse, I forgot to add, when I was making my way to the wharf getting all my gear together, I realised I left my tackle box at home, so I practically had whatever hand lines and rods there with those hooks and spare SP's with a hard minnow spare, thats bout it. Dad picked up a long shank hook, I offered him to use it he said no. I ended up using it later on after I lost mine though hehe.

Sounds like a bit of fun at least, Dave. There's a lot of tarwhine (and I think some little bream aswell) around the wharf, with mainly smaller flatties mixed in. I have seen some good specimens landed there, though. :thumbup:

Flattieman.

Annoyed the crap out of me when I couldnt hook decent ones and I'm watching a few fish bout 30cm+ just swimming in front of me. My old man said he saw a few good sized flathead just doing the same. Guess the little ones just took the bait before they did always...

Annoyed the crap out of me when I couldnt hook decent ones and I'm watching a few fish bout 30cm+ just swimming in front of me. My old man said he saw a few good sized flathead just doing the same. Guess the little ones just took the bait before they did always...

Yeah - the tarwhine really swarm in that area - the only real way of overcoming them is using lures or large, live baits.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman