Most Invisible Line + A Tip

skramp_84

I am having trouble... I fish off the shore and am always have two rods out, one for the big guys and one for the littlies. The little rod, i use to catch livies for the big one. The thing is, the little rod is always getting nailed by the big fish, and with only 2 lb line on it, I have trouble keeping the big fish out of trouble. Even with less desirable baits on the hook, the thin line always gets way more hits. Is there a fantastic line that will give me the same amount of hits on the heavy duty gear as I get on the 2 lb mono? I have experimented with light leaders on the heavy line, which did increase my hits, but then I wasnt able to apply enough pressure to the larger fish.

Whats your favourite line??

BTW, I went for a spin at Balmoral yesterday, the macks, spotties and bonnies were around but not too hungry. The 10g halco was getting followed but no hits. The 5g halco no follows... It seemed the fish were feeding on very very small whitebait so I fed a 15mm of Maccas straw over a small bean sinker and shred the tail end the straw over a single hook-the result: 2 bonnies and 1 spotty. A slower retrevial speed with jigs also worked better than flat out. It looks like it might be firing tomorow morning. Give the straw a go when they wont take the metal. It might sound funny but it really does match the hatch. :thumbup:

Cheers

gday mate i will be heading down 2moro morning for a session hopefully see some action.

what time was it happening yesterday? (was this off the wharf?)

i have found the river2sea sea rocks to be very productive when they are feeding on small baitfish, ive also heard that a small barrel sinker painted white with a treble hanging of the back can work wonders aswell.

GDay KingsRule. Yeah all the action was off the warf at sunset. How did you go today? I went to Clifton Gardens this morning and it was very, very quiet. I was on the warf at 5.30 and waited, and waited for the palagics to show... They just didnt turn up this moring, it was very quiet. Because there was no point spinning, I sent out some fresh squid strips and a live cuttie for nothing. Where were all the fish?

Dude!, i ended up goin 2 clifton aswell, was that you fishing next to me , asked me what i was catching the yakkas on?

the frigates were going nuts , just being picky as usual so didnt hook any , got a few hits though.

i think i need a FR shirt or sumthing, to many unknown raiders on the wharf loll.

Yeah that was me! It was pretty quiet saturday hey, your right about the frigates, they were there, just not very aggressive or hungry enough to take the halco's i was offering.

Yesterday after lunch was better, even though the weather was horrid. I got a few legal bream and busted off twice on something much, much bigger. No sign off the surface action though, maybe a big treva?