Sunday In The Harbour

brettm-c

went out this morning at 6 from rose bay

tried for a few squid and to my amazement had some luck! got two good squid in moments and then nothing,

took the squid that I had and downrigged from north head to middle head for nothing the wind really blew up so headed in to middle harbour downrigged around the mourings for nadda! decided to pull the pin and head home out of the weather.

on the trip back to the ramp we noticed one guy hooked up at clifton, and so decided to slow down and have a look he boated a nice king, we then looked over to see the boat next to him hooked up as well and decided that it was to good to pass up,

in the next couple of hours we hooked three legal kings and saw the boats around us probably hook a dozen or so kings all up.

headed back to the ramp and pulled the boat out just in time to beat a down pour so in all not a bad day despite the weather.

brett

3 legal Kings,not a bad days work,

there seem to be a few around at the moment.

If u dont mind,did u get ur Kings on the downrigger

or some other way?

I dont have that much luck catching them on Squid or lures,

usualy on Prawns we get em,but I want success in some other

method or baits.

penguin

no I had no luck with the downrigger today,

we picked them up on a basic running rig, two of them we got on fresh squid strips and the other on a half thawed out mushey pillie! the other boats around had pretty much the same set up, and were using squid as well!!

brett

no I had no luck with the downrigger today,

we picked them up on a basic running rig, two of them we got on fresh squid strips and the other on a half thawed out mushey pillie! the other boats around had pretty much the same set up, and were using squid as well!!

brett

Thanx for that.

penguin