Marlin! Marlin! Marlin!

juiced

Hey guy's went to port stephens for the game fishing tournament,

1st daywe went got our lives, trolled our lures to get fish up to the top so we could switch bait.

Didnt see a thing till we decided to call i a day, whilst pulling in the lures i see a fin and tail

swimming towards the lures and scream marlin through out a live slimey at him and zzzzzzzzzzz we were on a little black on 8kg line.

Great fight on 8kg line after about 30 minutes tagged a 50kg black.

The crew happy that we got a fish giving high 5's and hugs i scream out MARLIN again

there was another free swimmer pulled livies past him again and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again on 8 kg line

the crew wrapped from not seeing nothing to 2 fish in half hour this fish was slightly bigger about 60kg

after about 30 minutes tagged another little black .

got 4 fish in total cant wait till this weekend so we can get a few more

here is video taken from the phone

sorry about the quality is not the best

Cheers: Tay

i made the trek up to port as well for the weekend to fish the comp... got about 4 hits on sat with no hook ups.. sunday was also very quiet untll 430.. we pretty much gave up pulling livies so decided to pull them in and change to lures for the trip home..

we had one livie in when the guys spotted a marlin having a ago at the teaser... so i pulled in the over livie and the marlin smashed it.. the boys on the flybridge were calling it 130kg+ blue.. he was lit up like xmas tree and headed straight for the horizon.. as they were strapping me in i tied to apply pressure to the fish.. then it all went wrong.. the penn 50w drags washer must have heated up so i was pretty much fighting the marlin in free spoon..

we all basically waved goodbye to it..

not happy

i made the trek up to port as well for the weekend to fish the comp... got about 4 hits on sat with no hook ups.. sunday was also very quiet untll 430.. we pretty much gave up pulling livies so decided to pull them in and change to lures for the trip home..

we had one livie in when the guys spotted a marlin having a ago at the teaser... so i pulled in the over livie and the marlin smashed it.. the boys on the flybridge were calling it 130kg+ blue.. he was lit up like xmas tree and headed straight for the horizon.. as they were strapping me in i tied to apply pressure to the fish.. then it all went wrong.. the penn 50w drags washer must have heated up so i was pretty much fighting the marlin in free spoon..

we all basically waved goodbye to it..

not happy

oh no bad luck mate thats why tou have to fish shamano

those penns are good for one thing........anchor

Mind blowing stuff mate!!

Roughly how many kms were you out? I'm thinking of heading down that way but the boats a little too small..

DAN

Cheers mate we headed about 35 mile north which is about 65 km that was north though

we were only about 10 mile 18 kms from the coastal line

well done tay.

top stuff i guess you got the 1st marlin out of all the boys. :thumbup::thumbup:

hey john sure was mate told the boys that if anyone touched the first rod that went off

that i was going to break there legs..haha so they left the rod for me

thats brillant work there Tay.

i love the idea of luring the marlin in and then throwing a livie out to complete the job.

well done

cheers yeah when tou hook up with lures theres only a 30% catch rate but when you get him on a livie he tends to swallow the hook so your success rate is alot higher

mate its the only penn on the boat and hopefully i will never see it again!!

good luck next weekend mate

haha cheers