Warri Beach

adznapper

Hi all

Thought I would try Warri beach, 3 of us used tuna,squid,worms,royal red prawns and fresh tailor.

Got to the beach around 1800hrs,current very strong,wind the same but gave it ago any way.

fished for around 2hours till just on dark,picked up 1 salmon and one Tailor, on squid both small.

Action very slow,watched a surfer all alone way out on the point (BIG BALLS if you ask me).

Surfer came in a live and well, just on dark, I told him he must have BIG BALLS he laught.

Went home and watch the fight, I wont tell you who won but the action was slow as well.

I still think there is to much fresh water around,how is everyone else doing?

Catching any?

What did you think of the Mundine fight?

Mate i think the beaches have been dismal this year.

In September i got an 8kg jewie from the sand at LR and since then nothing but sharks and rays.

Between the cold water and weed its been a desert out there.

We have put out live bait, freshly slabbed bait you name it for at times not even a bite. We have fished mainly collaroy, Narrabeen, Dee Why, and LR. Places that normally provide good fish. We have had fun catching some pretty big sharks that tested our gear.

All up not the best year for jewies off the beach with only the odd one picked up now and then. Hopefully it will improve for the last month or two of the warm weather.

Zenman - I couldn't agree more. As a guy who primarily fishes the beach I can't remember a season with less action.

By this time last year I had caught over 50 whiting - this year I haven't caught 5. I'm losing count of the number of sessions where I have come back empty handed, but it is at least the last five. This is with live beachworms and freshly caught squid.

Crap year off the beaches. Here's hoping it goes ballistic in the next couple of months to make up for it.

BTW - I mainly fish Maroubra.

pretty slow arvo but atleast you got a few adz

have you tried warilla were there pumping all that sand on the beach seems to be alot of blokes down there

in the arvo

how you going adz tried to call u the other week to go fishing

cheers mik

I went to Putty Beach yesterday arvo late and fished until the mosquitos became unbearable. Lost a few pillies to what felt like small tailor and then foul hooked what I think was a rather large Dart. Long fins and big tail with a broad thin body and little head. It had brain hooked itself so It was basically dead when it hit the sand.

45 minutes each way travel for that.

Spoke to one of the local guys who came down for a look and he said he had only heard of one episode of tailor in reasonable number since Christmas and pretty much the same before. There have been a couple caught on morning sessions though and this fits in with a report from the weekend by a couple of my school kids who caught 30 or so on Saturday morning early, using lures out of a boat behind the break at Umina.

This time of year usually produces a bag limit, or close to, of good size fish in an hour or so right up to Easter when the Westerly hits and the mullet run.

Very ordinary year. I'm going to try North Entrance or Catho Bay next week, weather permitting.