Balmoral 11/3

southerly

Launched the yak at 5.30am by the Balmoral Baths and had 2 small cuttles and 1 small squid in the bucket by day break. Headed out among the morings with a slow troll of a squid while casting for bream under the boats with the flick stik. Donated 1 cuttle and the squid to the leather jackets. Held the other for later and towed a squid strip.

A few boils on the surface but no concentrated fish, headed out to the sailing bouy and then to the naval can, had a follow up at the can, no idea what it was but the boil was impressive. Met two other yaks, including a Hobbie, those things fly, look great for trolling.

Had to be back on the beach by 8am, so turned around and headed back through the morings towing the last cuttle. A shool of bonnies busted up in front of me about halfway through the boats, 2 or three casts and I locked onto a bonnie, I had forgotten how much fun they are on light gear, they may not have the grunt of a stripey or mack tuna but they can pull 10 mtrs of 3kg quick puting a nice little scream in the drag. As soon as I had landed the bonnie and sorted out the yak, the bonnies busted up agin right next to the yak (very well behaved I must say), another bonnie bites the dust and its time to go home.

Christenting the yak with a king will have to wait till next time. Absouluetly georgeous morning to be on the water. PS: The bonnies were full of frog mouth pilchards and whitebait.

post-3697-1173606724_thumb.jpg

Southerly

Edited by southerly