Georges River Fishing 13/03/07

majed1965

Hi All,

Went out to Georges River yesterday with a workmate. Weather didnt start out very well and by the time we got to the boat ramp at Picnic Point, it was pissing down.

Got onto the water and anchored under the Alfred's Point bridge until the storm passed over. Lots of bites and caught about 20 bream, but unfortuntelately all throw backs.

Once the storm passed, moved to Como bridge. Again lots of bites, catches and releases. Decided to try a rod with fresh squid to possibly lure big ones. And guess what....2 minutes later we had a big hit. Hauled it in and it was a nice snapper around 36cms.

All in all we took home 3 fish and threw back around 50 fifty. Not much of a feed but still a great day out. Beats working.

Greetings folks,

Well caught Snapper and not as unusual as it may seem. A couple of years ago, also in autumn I got one at "The Moons" that went just over 2 kg while fishing SP for bream. I joked at the time with my fishing buddy that it won't be long before we're catching Kings up there.

Henry

<o)))><

I have always been told that the Moons is a good spot, but i have never had any luck there at all. I am pretty sure it is the spot that is very shallow in the middle at low tide. Is there one special spot to fish or a time?

I have always been told that the Moons is a good spot, but i have never had any luck there at all. I am pretty sure it is the spot that is very shallow in the middle at low tide. Is there one special spot to fish or a time?

I usualy fish SP and find he Rocky edges of the deep water fish well for bream when the tide is running hard. Hang out deep in the boat working your way along the bank and toss lure or bait right next to the bank. If using bait, let the movement of the boat and current slowly drag the bait away from the bank. This method is particularly effective after dark.

The shallow areas are great for flathead and the odd bream

Henry

<o)))><

Don't knock Como Bridge.. I've done alright there on the right tide with live worms.

Usually you can pick up a few good bream or whiting.

Here's a few I got before Xmas on the sand flats on the western side of Como bridge.

post-2204-1173841754_thumb.jpg post-2204-1173841778_thumb.jpg

congrats on the snapper, ive heard a lot of reports lately of some big fish in the georges river,

good to see that the georges river is comming back, i found out of a old fisherman of a really good black fish spot im going to next week

Don't knock Como Bridge.. I've done alright there on the right tide with live worms.

Usually you can pick up a few good bream or whiting.

Here's a few I got before Xmas on the sand flats on the western side of Como bridge.

post-2204-1173841754_thumb.jpg post-2204-1173841778_thumb.jpg

Nice Bream :1yikes:

How big was it,any idea?

That Whiting looks like a beast also.

penguin

Edited by penguin