Busted

Piss'n'Broke

Hey All

Just got back from 2 hours squidding,,,, typical for nadda!!!!!!!! :mad3: . What made my night was at exactly 8pm, 4 fisheries officers converged on CG wharf!

Everybody was scrambling to throw fish back!!! :074::074:

They must have got a few people as the ranks thinned very quickly an there were less than 6 people fishing the wharf,,, myself included,,, when they left,,, there were some unhappy chappys in the carpark, packing up.

When i was inspected I told them my license is in the boat, as i RARELY fish LB. Anyhow they told me a fishing license is like a drivers license,,, IF YOU ARE FISHING YOU MUST HAVE IT AT ALL TIMES,,,, a photocopy or your license number is insignifcant. So all Raiders be forewarned! They gave me a written warning an I have to fax or post my license in or be fined! Easy done!

Must say these 4 Fisheries Officers were great! Very socialable an informative, an the blonde gal that gave me the warning,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :biggrin2:

Take heed Raiders

Dan & Greg

seeing as CG is always packed, i thought people taking undersized fish would be rare :wacko:

(alot of witnesses etc)

but good to see the fisheries down at such a popular fishing spot

Edited by Davy

Yup I made sure to tell them that!!!!

I think they were quite taken back by my approach,,,,, blooody gr8t to see them out. Funny thing is they asked where should they go next after CG, told em to head straight to Balmoral :1prop: ... Only just around the corner.

Dan

Yup I made sure to tell them that!!!!

I think they were quite taken back by my approach,,,,, blooody gr8t to see them out. Funny thing is they asked where should they go next after CG, told em to head straight to Balmoral :1prop: ... Only just around the corner.

Dan

Its good to see to see people on the water advising fisheries were people tend to fish illeagaly . and i made a phone call to them myself just recently in my local area. All the big flathead that are there to be caught they don't nead to keep the small ones. :1fish: Maybe it will will free up land based possies for people who really want to catch the big ones. :fisher:

Good to see they're taking action, need to hear more about it. What cuts me up is how many times Ive seen people getting things such as small bream and using them as bait, I mean its not exactly the easiest to get nice sized bream, and here people are limiting the chances even more in some cases.

Also think it's good how they gave you the written warning as you said, and that you're required to show proof of a licence or get a fine. Better than them simply saying "you dont have it, here take that, heres a fine" or an "its ok we'll let you off this time"

Times have changed.

Back in 2002, i was on CG wharf when two fisheries offices came

and start look ing at poeple catches. There must have been over 30 people fishing.

I was the first one they approached. I thought here we go, i was relaxed as i had purchased my fishing licence and i felt bad because the people that i was fishing with didnt have one and alot of poeple fishing off the wharf didnt have one.

I thought they are all going to get fined.

So i asked the officer, do you want to see my fishing licence ?

the answer was "no, its not required "

I felt so angry, i had just spent $25 for a fishing licence and they didnt even bother to check.

Poeple had undersized fish and all they did was through them back in the water. No fines were given.

So it took me 5 years to purchase another fishing licence. I bought one last month. Never been pulled up in that 5 year period.

Talk about double standards. You either book people or you don' t.

MR RB.