Liverpool Wier

domza

DOMZA,

I work in that area, I've been down there at night and seen what some guys have been catching.

Huge carp on bread or corn....these things are huge! I'm talking 70cm plus and really fat.

If you go down the dirt track beside Pirrelli Cables on the eastern side you come across some big storm water retention pits with steel grates on the top. Shine a torch down there at night and you can see the buggers swimming around.

Sorry - but carp fishing is not my cup of tea.

BIG TIP - If you are gonna go there at night, go with a group of fellow fishermen or take a big stick! This area is reknowned for people getting bashed and then rolled of their gear, wallets, phones etc.

The culprates are usually Islanders gangs - commonly known in the area as "The Bloods".

Good luck, but be careful dude!

Cheers

Nathan

DOMZA,

I work in that area, I've been down there at night and seen what some guys have been catching.

Huge carp on bread or corn....these things are huge! I'm talking 70cm plus and really fat.

If you go down the dirt track beside Pirrelli Cables on the eastern side you come across some big storm water retention pits with steel grates on the top. Shine a torch down there at night and you can see the buggers swimming around.

BIG TIP - If you are gonna go there at night, go with a group of fellow fishermen or take a big stick! This area is reknowned for people getting bashed and then rolled of their gear, wallets, phones etc.

The culprates are usually Islanders gangs - commonly known in the area as "The Bloods".

Cheers

Nathan

thanks mate, definitely wont be going there at night!

DOMZA,

Cheers

Nathan

that is the funniest thing i've heard on fishraiders. Its hilarious to think that these people would hang around those bushes waiting for a innocent looking fisherman to come along and roll him lol.

But why cant you fish there during the day for carps? i wanna go there since i live close but :S too risky

yeah i agree boys i live jus around the corner from the wier and its not a friendly kinda place. i usually walk down a 100 meters near the caltex and jet speed performance to a broken down wharf. pick up nice size mullet which i use as slab baits when chasing jews in other places. good to know you got bait before you go for a hour drive

if you want to try another good spot which is fairly close, try milperra bridge.

heard people catching fairly good jewies there.

I've heard some people get some nice bream there, good size, but not too sure bout the jews. Shame the river is the way it is pollution wise though.