Botany Bay Fad

njsconst

With the new motor fitted I was chomping at the bit to get out and give it a run.

Left Oatley ramp at 6.30am and headed for Botany Bay heads. As the motor was brand new I had to run it in, so couldn't take it over 3000rpm for the first hour. Took exactly one hour to leisurely cruise to the heads.

The day was beaut with no wind and no swell. The ocean was flat as a tack.

Got out to the close FAD at about 8am and the water temp was 22.3 degrees. Had the entire ocean to myself without another boat in sight. Threw out a squidgy just to see if the little buggers were there. Sure enough 3 dollies followed the lure right back to the boat.

post-2204-1174444535_thumb.jpg

Quickly floated out a pillie and ZZZZZZZZZZZZ I was on to a small dollie. It was quickly boated and bleed. Threw out another....... same thing ZZZZZZZZZ another dollie. How good was this.

In about 40mins I caught 6 small dollies all about 60cm. Keep 3 and threw the rest back, I figured 3 was enough for dinner as dolphin fish don't freeze very well.

post-2204-1174444568_thumb.jpg

Head back to the Kurnell Wave Buoy....no fish there so headed home.

It was a short day, but I mainly went out to give the motor a run. I got a feed so that was a bonus :thumbup: .

Guest IFishSick.

Great work mate.

Looks the goods to get out to the FAD's when there's no one there (like that's ever going to happen)

Awsome stuff :1prop:

Im dribbling over those images

Top weather and a few dollies to boot.

Where abouts is the kurnell wave bouy and what the hell is it? and what can u catch there?

cheers james

James,

The Wave Buoy is located about 5kms southeast of Kurnell. It is similar looking to a FAD but is put there by the BOM to measure wave height and frequency.

On a good day you can find Dolphin Fish and Kingies hanging around it.

The GPS co-ordinates are 34.02.465 & 151.15.092.

Around the Buoy today the water was filthy which can be expect after all the recent rain of late. There was a alot of crap (bottles, branches, plastic bags etc) floating in the water in close.

Hope this helps.

Nathan

With the new motor fitted I was chomping at the bit to get out and give it a run.

Left Oatley ramp at 6.30am and headed for Botany Bay heads. As the motor was brand new I had to run it in, so couldn't take it over 3000rpm for the first hour. Took exactly one hour to leisurely cruise to the heads.

The day was beaut with no wind and no swell. The ocean was flat as a tack.

Got out to the close FAD at about 8am and the water temp was 22.3 degrees. Had the entire ocean to myself without another boat in sight. Threw out a squidgy just to see if the little buggers were there. Sure enough 3 dollies followed the lure right back to the boat.

post-2204-1174444535_thumb.jpg

Quickly floated out a pillie and ZZZZZZZZZZZZ I was on to a small dollie. It was quickly boated and bleed. Threw out another....... same thing ZZZZZZZZZ another dollie. How good was this.

In about 40mins I caught 6 small dollies all about 60cm. Keep 3 and threw the rest back, I figured 3 was enough for dinner as dolphin fish don't freeze very well.

post-2204-1174444568_thumb.jpg

Head back to the Kurnell Wave Buoy....no fish there so headed home.

It was a short day, but I mainly went out to give the motor a run. I got a feed so that was a bonus :thumbup: . :beersmile: mate :biggrin2: