Wind Knot Strength

KINGvirgin

SMALL SWELL ON FRIDAY SHOULD BE OK KEEP AN EYE ON THE WAVES . ALSO IF YOU ARE ON THE S.E SIDE OF A HEADLAND SHOULD BE OUT OF WIND? good luck KEVIN

Swell not usually a problem unless its a peak high tide, spot has little protection from any wind pushing up from the tasman.... i assume a northerly heads in that direction towards qld.....

anwyaytime will tell!

G'day KingVirgin,

To give you a better idea of the clasification of wind strength and how they affect the water, follow this link to BOM.

http://www.bom.gov.au/lam/glossary/beaufort.shtml

It gives you a comparison in wind strength and what the ocean/water should/could be doing. As a boatie I have memorized this and I know have a better idea what the water is going to be like.

Also another good site is www.seabreeze.com.au. This site give you both swell and wind strength anything with Red as a wind indicator i would think twice about venturing out.

Hope this info helps.

Peahead.

I don't mean to be rude or rain on your parade but it makes me wonder what you are doing even thinking about setting foot on a rock platform if you dont have a clue wahat 20 knots of wind from the north east implies. The rockplatforms are dangerous places. go with someone who is experienced.