Where Is Best Place Syd Harbour To Launch Boat If Solo.

roosterman

i will be trying sydney harbour for some of those kings everyones getting into but dont know where the best ramp to launch from if im solo.my rig is a 14ft pongrass. i normally put in at bayview[best ramp imo] and it has a beaut beach each side so i have no probs if flying solo..ill be coming from the northern beaches so somewhere on the north side is preferred but not limited to, as im keen as to get among those kings im reading about.hopefullly ill get a deckie and ill prob launch from roseville.. does roseville have sand next to ramp?? i dont think it does,been long time since down that way.. hope the weather holds up and the fish play the game,i just installed my new livie tank i picked up at wattos [thanks sean for the great bargain and advise :thumbup::thumbup:] so am itching to fill it with some din-dins for some hungry kings.anyway hope to see some fellow raiders out there getting amongst them,ill be in the old red[pinkish] & white pongrass with an 80 pushing her along so say hi and save some of them kings for me. steve....

Roseville has a pontoon, heaps better than sand :)

Up until last Mondays low tide I swore by Tunks Park..... Never again! There is a huge hole on the right hand side of the ramp as you look at it from the top.

Cheers.

Robbie.

where is tunks,and other than the hole to watch out for is it a good ramp,i see other raiders posting they launch from there to fish the harbour. ....steve...

It is in Northbridge, Brothers AV.

I fish solo alot but won't use Tunks on the weekend because it is to crowded. I might have to leave the boat alone at the pontoon for 10-15 mins while go find a parking spot and walk back.

During the week it is OK. The ramp is a little steep and can be slippery. You will get a parking ticket if you park on the grass or faceing the wrong direction.

Check out this thread about ramps for more info.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Ah tunks isnt soooooo bad if your there early enough,,, :1prop: ,,,, like 1-3am.

Mind you the robbies are right there is alot of rubble,,, an the odd pothole on the ramp, closest to the pontoon. Watch out for this an Tunks is fine!!!

All of these things are clearly visible at low tide. Just be mindful of these things, an you will be fine!!!

We have launched outa tunks park for over 8years without a prob in the world, sides abit of ramp rage lol

D & G