Kayaks -poor Mans Game Boat

Guest bluecod

Guest Jocool
I have seen the article on the guy from Noosa chasing Spaniards in his Ocean Kayak, but this is seriously mental!!! :yikes:

Is the article that came in the Modern Fishing liftout? Looks like the same bloke to me!

Guest bluecod

If Darryl''s right, I would imagine that the bloke on the kayak is not a marlin virgin. Its a real shame to kill the marlin for no purpose.

Guest bluecod

Only if you saw it coming! Don''t know if you noticed it - you can see the marlin swimming in the second photo.

There was a bloke who used to work part time at Asquith Marine and Tackle, he also used to work as a deckie on the game boats out of Cairns in season and thought it would be a good idea to get some underwater photos of the marlin being fought. He got some damn fine photos!

The last time I saw him he was telling me that the skipper of the boat saw the tiger shark just before the shark saw him and started to back the boat down real hard to win the race. Apparently they got him out of the water just in time. THAT would give you Montezumas Revenge for a week! I think he was considering selling his underwater camera after that.