Squid Teasers

Ricky

Hi guys..

I use a teaser most times when i go squiding, and find it works great and was curious if anyone else uses this method and their thoughts...

I tie on a yakka through the nose and mouth with a needle and line and keep it barbless. I attach this to the desired depth behind a float, and onto a handline.

If fishing from a boat i drop the teaser in and drift over weed beds. I find when a squid grabs the teaser, it's friends usually hang back and stay interested.

I leave the teaser in with the squid happily eating away and cast a jig in to catch its friends.

Regards

Rick

Guest Big-Banana

Definitely the best way to catch squid, especially if they;re a bit jig shy. You can they sight cast and hopefully the yakka has got them excited enough to grab the jig.

i was on a fishing charter and we were catching no squid at all until this girl poured the rest of her coffee into the water thats when the squid started to show up. So i'm thinking maybe coffee attracts squid in the morning as well???

Guest IFishSick.

Might try that method if need be. But havn't needed to resort to it yet though :1prop:

Just kidding, sounds like an awsome idea.

Hi there, iv tried this technique b4 but not with live yakka though, I just used a pilly on a set of gangs under a float then when the squid attack it and eating away i would cast at it and get his friend, i would say the yakka would be a better option as its live and would kick and attract the squid better. but when there is no yakka's the humble pilly will do an alright job at it.

Cheers