Really Dumb Fishing People On Botany Bay Last Friday

hustler57

I went out fishig last friday night with parents on botany bay , as im sure that any one who was also out there on friday night would agree that it was bad, so to start this off il start from the start.

we got out into the bay and it was really windy and choppey, we decided to head over to near the container warf near the 3rd funway. we finally got there and after anchoring up and setting up after about an hour, a boat came in our direction with 2 men and a woman on board , now for the record our lights were on both exterior and interior lights and there was no way on this earth that u could not see us.

this boat was heading straight for us and turned hard to the left at the last minute so close to us that i could read the screen on his fish finder, they then decided to anchor up with 5 metres of our boat, so after some very much foul launguage from my boat to theres they up anchored and moved away and decided to anchor again about 20 metrees from our boat but by the time they turned there motor off and stuffed around there boat was again within 5 metres from ours, so being the type of person i am i pulled out the tackle box that i have for these situations .ie: jet ski's . full of nice big sinkers, they then decided to up anchor start the motor while it was tilted up now why they tilted the motor up il never know, an took off nearly hitting another boat on the way, while i was happy that that situation ended , about an hour later another boat with about 5 men on board decided to head our way , now i was thinking that these guys knew what they were doing since they kept away from us.

boy was i wrong, we watch in dis belief as they tied up to the marker boy , amazing but true, what a night it was on botany bay last friday night and to top things off we took home NO FISH.

Unfortunate that you had to deal with some novices but i wouldnt recommend throwing sinkers mate...its only a small issue....a sinker could really injure someone.

From the sounds of it, They werent idiots, they just didnt know how to anchor there boat correctly...a bit of advice would have been a better option

Edited by netic

when i go out in the boat i always take lots of big sinkers, but i would only consider using them if my life is in any danger from the stupid people out on the water

on in my dads marlin broadbill heading back to caberita under the harbour bridge a river cat just passed the back of us by about 1meter no sh*t

Edited by sambo1

Unfortunate that you had to deal with some novices but i wouldnt recommend throwing sinkers mate...its only a small issue....a sinker could really injure someone.

From the sounds of it, They werent idiots, they just didnt know how to anchor there boat correctly...a bit of advice would have been a better option

Big sinkers would hurt and could mame someone, you don't want to get yourself on the wrong side of the law.

Some wise words Netic. There are always going to be idiots everywhere you go, and also people who do not know what they are doing. Some advice and friendly suggestions are always good. If it bothers you, then ignore it or move away, best to avoid conflicts.

Having said that, I am always one for standing up for your rights and self defense.