Steam Out The Tell Tale...

sc0pe

just flushed my motor in the backyard, all was well, water coming out the tell tale...put it in forward for 30 seconds, then reverse for 30 seconds, then noticed the telltale was spitting out a small but steady stream of steam. tell tale was spitting water for a good 3-4 mins before it threw steam. shut off and restarted twice but still the same thing

is this what i think it is?

if so, what is a pump for a 2000 yammaha 25hp 4 stroke worth ballpark? can it be done in the shed or does it need to go to a shop?

cheers daniel

Edited by sc0pe

just flushed my motor in the backyard, all was well, water coming out the tell tale...put it in forward for 30 seconds, then reverse for 30 seconds, then noticed the telltale was spitting out a small but steady stream of steam. tell tale was spitting water for a good 3-4 mins before it threw steam. shut off and restarted twice but still the same thing

is this what i think it is?

if so, what is a pump for a 2000 yammaha 25hp 4 stroke worth ballpark? can it be done in the shed or does it need to go to a shop?

cheers daniel

I reckon it's probly just blocked. Your overheat alarm didn't go off I take it?

Stick a bit of thin wire up there & see if you can clear it or give it a squirt from the air compressor.

I reckon it's probly just blocked. Your overheat alarm didn't go off I take it?

Stick a bit of thin wire up there & see if you can clear it or give it a squirt from the air compressor.

overheat alarm? im guessing thats audible as well as the red light? wasnt in boat at time and couldnt see the red light, but that said i kinda sh|t the gear and switched off when i noticed steam